Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AIR apps with Astoria

Contributor ,
Sep 15, 2015 Sep 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've tested AIR apps on Windows 10 mobile 10240 and it was working great ! It was a HUGE bonus as I'm developping lot of AIR apps.

But, now, with Windows 10 mobile 10536.1004 AIR apps doesn't work anymore...

Is Adobe aware of the problem ? Do they work with Microsoft ? Will it work at the official release of Windows 10 mobile ?

Thank you

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 16, 2015 Sep 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

apps doesn't work anymore...

It's crashing or what? Could you provide more info so Adobe will not spent time for this questions to you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 16, 2015 Sep 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. When you click on the AIR app it says "Loading..." and then crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 17, 2015 Sep 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice to see someone else working with Astoria for Air apps. I have also created a thread on the Astoria forums for Adobe Air and it looks like the Microsoft team is actively investigating to support Adobe Air, though the guy was not giving any details on how committed they are (go here: http://bridgeforandroid.windows.com/index.php?/forums/topic/84-adobe-air-on-windows-phone/). I haven't tested with the latest Windows build, yet, might try later.

Have you tried working with input textfields? Because they were causing the biggest issue for me, borderline unusable.

Edit1: Okay regarding your question, you are not alone, it's a Windows SDK bug affecting all Android apps, scheduled to be fixed soon: http://bridgeforandroid.windows.com/index.php?/forums/topic/156-android-apps-not-working-on-new-wip-...

Edit2: Its already fixed: A New SDK in now available - Windows Bridge for Android

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 17, 2015 Sep 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, i already knew that you must have the new SDK in order to run Android app on the last mobile build.

Android apps are now working but not the AIR apps.

And that’s why I’ve created this post. Why AIR apps aren’t working ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 19, 2015 Sep 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification. Yes you are right it does no longer work for me either, going to post in the Astoria forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 20, 2015 Sep 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool. Could you link me the adress of your posts in the Astoria forums please ? (So I can follow the process, the answers...etc)  Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2015 Sep 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephdidou, All,

Thanks for raising this . We are also looking at this issue and trying few things at our end.

The Win 10 Build we are working  is 10.0.10512.1000 , in which things looks good. If you are facing issue in the build 10536.1004, I believe this should be fixed in subsequent Win10 updates.

Additionally, We have found few issues which does not work on Astoria even with the native Android apps like Keyboard (injection on 10512 and probably fixed by now), adb shell command to launch the app etc.

Roshan

Adobe Air

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Roshan,

great to know you are covering us. I suspected it was you when there was a Roshan posting over in the Microsoft forums Yes for me it is no longer working in 10536.1004. Are you sure this will be fixed by Microsoft? They released a new SDK but it still does not work for me.

Stephdidou‌: This is the general Adobe Air developer post: http://bridgeforandroid.windows.com/index.php?/forums/topic/84-adobe-air-on-windows-phone/

This is the post about the latest Windows phone version: http://bridgeforandroid.windows.com/index.php?/forums/topic/168-adobe-air-apps-no-longer-working/

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Had tried on 10512 where most things worked. Haven't yet tried yet on the latest build.

Will try on the latest build in coming days. If does not work, I expect MS to fix this in future builds.

Astoria is in beta, we can expect bugs

-Roshan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines