Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AIR for Desktop - StageWebView only display partial HTML content

Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I publish an AIR for Desktop Windows application from an AIR for iOS FLA file. The app downloads HTML content files from the server, and uses stageWebView to display the HTML content locally. The stageWebView works well to display the HTML content with lots of <div> and layers, but in the desktop version, it shows the HTML background image, but does not display certain <div> that need to show up.

Is it a HTML issue? or an AIR webkit issue?

What needs to be done to make HTML to work cross-platform in AIR?

Thank you for any advice/insights.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of release 28, Air on iOS uses the latest iOS browser and hence renders content properly.

Air on Windows desktop defaults to an embedded Web Browser which is a WebKit version from 2012 or so.  It does not render current web standards. 

You can try adding ( true ) to your stageWebView instance at creation and it might use the default browser.

var swv = new StageWebView( true );

StageWebView - Adobe ActionScript® 3 (AS3 ) API Reference

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried using StageWebView(true) but it does not change anything.... Adobe should look into updating the desktop version up to date with current web standards, for example, using Chrome webkit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, an update to the web browser has been on the wish list since 2014 or so.

You can try to impliment this.  I have not yet, but may try soon.  I see it was updated 8 days ago! 

GitHub - tuarua/WebViewANE: WebView Adobe Air Native Extension for OSX 10.10+, Windows Desktop, iOS ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines