• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Air for IOS: The browse operation is unsupported.

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2013 Jul 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I'm working on AIR mobile application for iOS. I try to open the Open File dialog box with

var imageTypes:FileFilter = new FileFilter("Images (*.jpg, *.jpeg, *.png)", "*.jpg; *.jpeg; *.png");

var file:File = new File();

file.browseForOpen("Open", [imageTypes]);

but I get this error:

Error #2044: Unhandled IOErrorEvent:. text=Error #3230: The browse operation is unsupported.

Did i do something wrong? Is there any additional settings to use this feature? I use AIR 3.7 with iPhone 4S iOS 6.1 and iPad 2 iOS 6.1.3

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 31, 2013 Jul 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iOS doesn't have an Open File dialog box. File.browseForOpen is unsupported on iOS.

You need to look at CameraRoll and cameraRoll.browseForImage to use that on iOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2013 Aug 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot, but there is another problem: CameraRoll image browser dialog appears only on iPad2, on iPhone 4S and iPhone 5 it flashes fast and disappears. when I try to open it again, i got this error:

error [ErrorEvent type="error" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2041: Only one file browsing session may be performed at a time." errorID=2041]

that means the browser dialog is somehow already open, though it's not visible. Do you have any idea how to fix it? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 01, 2013 Aug 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hopefully you have googled 'CameraRoll' and are following documentation on how to use the class. I personally am not aware of any issues with CameraRoll like you are describing. You might be coding something incorrectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines