• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Air on Android 4.0.4 Error

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2013 Sep 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm with a problem in android 4.0.4 installation.

Well, I just read this (http://forums.adobe.com/message/4845995) and I'm with the same problem...

My company have a galaxy tab with android 4.0.3 and everything is okay, but I just received a tablet from Intel, The Intel Education tablet (10'' android 4.0.4) and I'm getting a error when I try to install the Adobe AIR from the Google Play

I get the Error "The file is corrupt" something like this.

• I downloaded the AIR 3.5 from adobe labs and I tryed to install, and I get the same error.

• I downloaded the AIR 3.9 from adobe labs and I tryed to install, and I get the same error.

• I deployed one app with AIR runtime embed, and I get the same error.

• I deployed one app without AIR and I can install this, but, of course, this need the AIR installed on the device.

What can I do?

Thanks,

Danilo Canalle.

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2014 Apr 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harry248 wrote:

@Chris: [..] Start coding!

guys, the truth is that Adobe does not care of Flash(/AIR). Understand this. This should be clear at this step.

mc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When we'll die everything will die, they'll still evaluating (in their extinct). Basically they don't have a visionary project market manager who can turnover the table (like once did by Steve Jobs).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2014 Apr 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they have their vision, they have their vision man. adobe will not die. simply,

adobe is just a rabbit.

in last couple of years something has changed. adobe is not more adobe. adobe went back to adobe-without-flash

it is possibile not everybody understand why, adobe is a rabbit.

adb just went back to the (little old grand) software company they are, like a loser.

I want to spinoff flash runtime from this stupid dinosauro: they must leave flash runtime.

(I break my CC subscription a couple of months ago)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry for you like for me, flexicious.

"forget everything you have.. done"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 18, 2014 Mar 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jeffery Adams - I'm not intimately familiar with the Android play store submission process so I'm not sure if this is a user configurable setting.  If it's not, and AIR apps are showing up due to a fault with our code, I would definitely recommend opening a bug report at https://bugbase.adobe.com so that we can resolve this.

Just wanted to link this info here since it was related to my question and Chris's comment.

Seems in this bug report Adobe staff quoted this info:

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3651397

Thanks for reporting the issue. Adobe AIR Runtime and applications built using AIR are ARMv7 based binaries and every Android device should honor the Filters on Google play including application architecture. For example – Lava Xolo, which is an Intel device doesn’t show up Adobe AIR and AIR based applications in Google Play. However, it looks like Intel based Samsung Tab 3 doesn’t respect this filtering and the AIR application experiences performance related issues on execution. By the time, we investigate the issue, developers are suggested to try out the capabilities based device filtering on their Google Developer console to exclude a particular device. Please follow Capabilities targeting section @ http://developer.android.com/distribute/googleplay/about/distribution.html

So at least in the case of preventing Intel based devices from trying to download AIR ARM7 apps, it is sometimes up to us to further prevent this if some devices aren't respecting the available hardware filtering. Of course this is just one solution for one specific app store, Google Play, which unfortunately is not something that fixes apps being browsed on Amazon App Store, and other app stores...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 19, 2014 Feb 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duuuude,

> probably you don't know the answers.

how would I? I'm in the same boat as you, maybe getting a little bit more information sometimes, but never enough to talk for Adobe. that "mvp" badge does not give me any access to the information that Adobe is not willing to share.

so what I did was nice way of saying that your question was misdirected. unfortunately you decided to have problems with it. not my fault, dude, not my fault.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2014 Feb 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Makc, I'm not still sure but the only real unfortunate fact is that it starts to be (a) clear (virus) to me that flash technology is dieing on the tech universe - sorry ADB (just read wikipedia on Flash runtime.. I'm reading all I can - trying to get the contrary. I have been away for some more than a couple of years).

trust me, Flash is my brother (and java is my sister) .. and there isn't a equivalent for my specs at the moment.

I would really like to spend a bit of time with adb engineers (I get always the same 'answer level' here in the forums) but I have no more money.... for Adobe.

(ps you - not adobe - should be a bit more educated with people. I did not like your 'dude' in reply to 89324 and your 'magic' or 'christ' with me - I'm also something like a Medium, the wrong person to joke about.. magic and so on. Got it? Or may be the topic is simply too problematic for all. ok, let's stop this. good luck man)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 05, 2014 Mar 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unable to install Adoble air 4.0 I had this app before... I had to to a refresh and now the app will not install giving error 24 what is that about

I already format with hard reset option but still have same issue

Tablet Intell Education 10"

It comes with Andriod 4.2.2.

Sanjay malik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe sucks. And we're on a sinking ship of Adobe tycoons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2014 Apr 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Chris, A Big Thank You. It could have hard to impress client/PMs that we support Android but not some specific type of devices.

Thank you once again.

[EDIT: I forgot to mention after your latest announcement; I just got emotional.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case someone hasn't seen this yet, Adobe is now working on fixing this:

http://blogs.adobe.com/flashplayer/2014/04/adobe-air-now-supports-x86-android.html

Thank you so much for the prompt response to all the AIR team and to Romil Mittal for efficiently letting us know (communication is very important too!).

Thank you again and keep up the great work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

oh my god, god is back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines