• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AIR Publish for iOS Error: Install application on the connected iOS device

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2014 Feb 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I've been having this issue sporadically for a pretty long time now, I'm talking months if not over a year. Currently I am using Adobe Flash Pro CS 6 on a PC with Windows 8, AIR 4.0.0.1390 SDK installed. Sometimes, when publishing the App and having "Install the application on the connected iOS device" checked I receive the following error message although the iPad is connected with 2.5 GB available:

"Error creating files.

Uninstallation Error: Failed to send request to device.

Device Error: please check if there is enough space on the device."

I have found absolutely no rhyme or reason for this to occur. Sometimes it will, sometimes it won't, but I just tried publishing with install about four times, having unplugged the iPad, removed the previous App manually, closed the previously installed App, closed and reopened Flash, and it still won't install. Usually I can get it to install after a couple tries, thus dampening my urge to post a thread but I've now been driven to write due to the number of errors.

Oddly a Google search for "Uninstallation Error: Failed to send request to device." yields no results, am I the only receiving this message?

I keep hoping that new releases of AIR will resolve this issue but alas, no such luck. Anyone have a fix for this or able to confirm similar frustrations? I am currently using a first generation iPad, but have also experienced similar issues with third generation iPad.

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2014 Sep 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting it now. Yesterday I installed on the iPad with no problem, today I get this:

---------------------------

Adobe Flash Professional

Error creating files.

Uninstallation Error: APIInternalError.

Device Error: please check if there is enough space on the device.

OK  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2014 Oct 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also getting the error in the post above when trying to publish and install with AIR 15.0.0.302 on an iPAD 2 iOS 8.0.2:

Error creating files.

Device Error: please check if there is enough space on the device.

- and I have 6.3GB of space, so I know that isn't the issue. I'm even attempting to compile a completely brand new (empty) fla, but the error persists. I've also tried to compile an ipa with AIR 14 and receive the same error. Possibly this has something to do with the latest iOS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2014 Oct 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I submit this to the Adobe AIR Bug DataBase (#3839846)

Bug 3839846

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 26, 2014 Oct 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the issue when publishing with CS6 mentioned in this thread as well since iOS8, it's on regular basis unfortunately:

Here's a workaround that's working for me so far - it looks like the issue appears on what the message hints:uninstallation issue. If an app with the id you're publishing doesn't exist on iPad, it fires this error.

he workaround for me is to install the ipa with the same app id (com.company.someid) through iTunes.

Once installed, I go back to CS6 and it happily publishes (uninstalls the iTunes installed app first, then installs the version from IDE). Then it seems to be working from that point on, for the particular app...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2014 Nov 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a similar problem reported here:

Bug#3839846 - Unable to compile & install to iOS device (plugged in) - APIInternalError/Device Error

I hope the next release will contain a fix cause there is no way I can test on ios 8.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2014 Nov 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting the issue.

Try installing the app using the ADT install command.

First, use the below command to find the device ID on which you wish to install the app (Note down the Handle #):

C:/> AIRSDK/bin/adt -devices -platform iOS

Then, use the below ADT install command to install app on your iOS device:

C:/> AIRSDK/bin/adt -installApp -platform ios -device <handle #> -package <test.ipa>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2015 Apr 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm getting this error too, but only when trying to install on iPad 1 with iOS 5.1.1, and I'm getting it on the command line as well with adt (from OS X). It all works fine on iPad Mini (2nd gen I think with retina and iOS 8.2).

I'm using AIR SDK 17.0.0.124.

I completely reinstalled my OS just last Tuesday (it's now Friday), and all the Adobe suite.

Thanks,

Kevin N.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the beta build on labs, and am getting the same error. I also get the same error with AIR SDK 16. AIR SDK 14 works though (in Flash Pro).

Could this have something to do with the 32-bit versions of iOS? I'll try and install it on my iPhone 4S and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another quick note - I tried to send a build for testing to a client (using Ad-Hoc distribution) and the build worked on her iPad Mine (2nd or 3rd gen) but not her iPad 1. It would fail to install on her iPad 1 without much in the way of explanation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked fine on my iPhone 4S with iOS 8.3. There's just something going on with iPad 1 (and/or iOS 5.1.1).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2015 Feb 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please upgrade to Flash Professional CC 2014 version and share the results in case of issues.

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2015 Feb 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Shwete Just fix the issue for Flash CS 6! Why should we spend hundreds of dollars for an upgrade?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2015 Apr 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because developers need to spend hundreds of hours to develop features and fix issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2015 May 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

iPad1 iOS 5.1.1

Adobe AIR 18 BETA

Not able to install the build via ADT install or via iTunes.

Hey, AIR team, what's up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2015 May 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Kindly refer the system requirements link below:

http://www.adobe.com/in/products/air/tech-specs.html

If possible, please update your device to OS 6.1 and above.

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 17, 2015 May 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem is iPad 1 most up to date iOS is 5.1.1.

So basically now that AIR is limited to iOS 6.1 and above the we cant develop for iPad 1 anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works( ie you can publish to an iPad 1 running iOS 5.1.1 )if I use AIR 14 but not AIR 16.

Basically if you want to your apps to work on iPad 1 you need to use AIR 14.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But we cannot evolve the current product targeting iOS8 64 bit and support iPad 1 at the same time.

I would have to disappoint our users 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is OK but it should be publicised that AIR 16 apps wont work with iPad 1. You also need to make sure that we can keep on using AIR 14.

We need to develop for people using iPad1 so hopefully you will take that into account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just released a new app (an ad free version of make beliefs comix). I wasn't able to distribute an adhoc build with AIR 17, but users report that the app once in the App Store an be purchased and installed just fine on iPad 1.

I'm sure at some point things will stop working in the oldest platforms, but it does seem to still work for now, at least in my testing.

Kevin N.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Makes it sound even more as if the lack of publishing to iPad 1 from Flash isn't a deliberate feature change but something that hasn't been checked that should work....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2015 May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disagree. The documents have clearly stated that they don't support iOS 5 and lower. It's more of an anomaly that it works on iPad 1 at all.

Kevin N.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem from this weekend and i could not get my IPA to install on the iPhone running iOS10.3.

With some help, i could finally get it to work.

i had to use a free third party app on my mac to re-sign the ipa with the provisioning profiles and entitlements.

use this link to install the app called iRe-Sign and follow the simple app to resign the app and install on the device.

https://github.com/maciekish/iReSign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are successfully able to install IPA on iPhone running on iOS10.3.3 with AIR SDK 26 using cmd line.
Could you please share more details about the issue your are facing.

Thanks

Aakriti (Adobe AIR Engineering)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines