Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AIR SDK 16 + iOS 64-bit Orientation problem

Participant ,
Jan 31, 2015 Jan 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Devs and support,

we have recently faced a problem which seems to be a bug, let me explain what happens as simple as I can. below I explain one situation that the problem occurs but it does happen in different scenarios that we tested, but do the following and you'll see the problem for yourself...

if you are building an adobe air app which is in landscape mode and auto rotate is false which means that the air app should always stay in landscape mode. now, in the app, you have an air native extension which works with Camera and inside the iOS extension, you are setting the app delegate to always portrait with no auto rotation. ok?

the expected behavior (which works perfectly fine with lower air SDK versions and the problem is with iOS 64-bit and AIR 16 only) is that when you start your camera extension, the camera view should be in portrait mode. this is ok till here, but as soon as you close the extension to return to your flash app, you can see that the stage alignment is totally messed up! although you have set the flash app to stay landscape with no rotations, when you get back from the extension, it does force the flash side to portrait too!

it feels like the app delegate settings in the extension are somehow over ruling the settings of the air side. everything used to work fine for years but now that we are compiling against 64-bit, we are facing this problem which seems to be a problem either on iOS side, or maybe from Air SDK 16 side...

please do let me know if I was able to explain the problem understandable? if not, maybe I can create a sample project reflecting the problem and post the download link here so you guys can help better...?

chris.campbell Please advice,

Regards,

Hadi

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2015 Mar 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to your website, I downloaded AIR 17, I opened the dmg file and I clicked it. It installed. BUT WHERE IS IT? I have been looking for this stupid Air 17 for over an hour and I have contacted Adobe 3 times and nobody can tell me where it is. I need to find it so I can go into Flash Pro Cc and Manage Air and add it to the list so I can rebuild my apps.

Anyone know how I can find this AIR17 file so I can add it to the Flash-> Manage Air listing?

I am using a Mac and I have not been able to find in Applications or anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2015 Mar 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind, I got it. All I needed to do was find the AIr17 folder that got downloaded, drag it into the Applications area, go back to Flash Pro and do Help->Manage Air SDK->+ sign, Choose the Air 17 folder and bang, it was listed in the Publish screen. And when I did a rebuild, the orientation problem is all gone worked. Thank you Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 07, 2015 Apr 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, because we still have the rotation problem, even with SDK 17-124 and even 17-138 then I had to upload a sample project with the ANE we have so you guys can test and see the problem in action.

please download this sample project from Github and run it...

myflashlab/AR-ANE-SampleMarkerless3DAnimation · GitHub

in this project, as you can see in the document class file, we have used a method:

_ex.fixAirSDKOrientsBug(stage.autoOrients);

this is actually a workaround around the bug. if you are testing the project, please make sure to comment this line out so you will be able to duplicate the rotation problem...

if you are building the .ipa of this project with Air SDK 15 (with no iOS 64-bit support) everything will work fine. but as soon as you compile with SD 16 or 17, the rotation gets messed up!

NOTICE: to be able to compile the project, please make sure to read AR-ANE-SampleMarkerless3DAnimation/ReadMe.pdf at master · myflashlab/AR-ANE-SampleMarkerless3DAnimat...

Reallu looking forward to have this 64-bit rotation bug fixed completely.

Thanks,

Hadi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 12, 2015 Apr 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates about this?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hadi,

I was able to get my problem resolved with the current Air 17 beta and an accompanying 2.6 update to Milkman iOS/iAd ANE, plus the following lines in Frame 1:

stage.scaleMode = StageScaleMode.EXACT_FIT;

stage.align = StageAlign.TOP_LEFT;

stage.setAspectRatio(StageAspectRatio.LANDSCAPE);

My problem was with orientation and the switch from a landscape formatted game to a portrait formatted iAd when a banner in the game was tapped (I am using the Milkman ANE to handle all of the iAd calls). Coming back (with the home button) to the game left the screen all "goofed up", unplayable and forcing a shutdown to escape. From emails to Milkman, it appears lots of people apparently had the same problem and Adobe jumped on it quickly.

But the AR ANE you are using is much more complex than my simple problem so my simple fix may not be appropriate for you and this tool of yours. Orientation in your context may be MUCH more complex to establish given the dynamic way their AR animation is performed (the youtube video is amazing, I bookmarked that github page to learn more).

Bruce

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2015 Apr 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello every one.

Here is the simplest project to reproduce this problem and also it's reported bug on Adobe's bugbase.

You can also vote for it.

Bug#3964838 - iOS camera resizes the app stage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2015 Apr 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi M.E.Sepehr,

We tested above project given by you with AIRSDK 17.0.0.96 as mentioned in the bug on iPAd 3 ( iOS 8.1.3 ), but couldn't reproduce the issue after following the steps given in the bug.

4- Publish and install application on iOS 8 ( it could have same problem on other iOS versions ).

5- Open the application on your iPad.

6- Rotate your device to landscape situation.

7- Touch the stage to launch CameraUI.

8- Now return to your application and you will see the stage ratio is changed.

I'm attaching a video of investigation as well :

Dropbox - VID_20150416_144939370.mp4

Kindly inform me if there is some difference in what is done by us, and what you were doing to reproduce this bug.

-Tushar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2015 Apr 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your responds Tushar,

Adobe solved CameraUI's bug with some interval tricks at Air 17.0.0.138. But it seems it didn't solve mention problems.

So continue to your struggling!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 18, 2015 Apr 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, the problem is still here and I would really appreciate if adobe can run the sample codes in myflashlab/AR-ANE-Samples · GitHub which is showing the problem

if you are testing, just make sure you are removing the line:

_ex.fixAirSDKOrientsBug(stage.autoOrients);

So you will see the orientation problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2015 Jun 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates on this topic?

I currently run  Air17.0 + FLex 4.6.0 and have major problems with StageOrientationEvent not firing properly. Here is my StackOverflow for the Problem with more Informations. I ask here as I'm also running the Milkman Games CoreMobile ANE. It was today updated to CoreMobile v2.11.0  but my problems still persists and I'm all out of ideas why my StageOrientationEvent dont fire like expected.

Basicly, I want my device to fire StageOrientationEvent but dont want the device to rotate the Screen. I used <autoOrients>true</autoOrients> for that reason and I used e.preventDefault(); (what is now deprecated on iOS).

How can I make the device give me infirmations on all changes to the Stage Orientation, but never actually rotate the screen?

Thank you

Indy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to let you know that I finally got around to testing my game with the latest AIR build (18.0.0.143), and for me this issue is fixed now: I can open the Game Center in landscape mode, and my app (which is fixed to portrait) stays the way it is supposed to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2015 Aug 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

i am still facing orientation issue.

using SDK build(18.0.0.199)

My app.xml settings are :  <aspectRatio>portrait</aspectRatio>    <autoOrients>false</autoOrients>

i.e my first page of app is in portrait mode : i.e login screen ,after login all screen are in landscape mode.

but when i change landscape from portrait , using stage.setAspectRatio(StageAspectRatio.LANDSCAPE);

stage get rotated to Landscape but the Keyboard is still in portrait mode.

Please help.

Regards,

Adarsh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2015 Aug 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AdarshSrivastav,

The issue you reported about keyboard orientation, seems to be a different issue than the one reported here. While, I would surely try reproducing it, meanwhile, can you please log a separate bug for this issue at the Bugbase ? ( Never mind, I have found a similar bugbase entry, which seems to be reported by you. Bug#3943007‌‌ ). We will be following up this issue on that thread.

-Tushar,

Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2015 Aug 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply tdwivedi , Yes (Bug#3943007‌ ) this bug has been posted by me.

Stuck with this issue, do you have any workaround for that.

Thanks,

Adarsh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines