• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Air SDK No Longer allowing PHP>MySQL Communication?

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been designing .swfs/games/Apps for a long long time, and one of the fundamental aspects for my Apps (and a lot of Apps) is access to a database. Up until SDK 17, I've been able to send/receive data through Flash/Animate -> PHP -> MySQL and back again no problem. Makes for some cool stuff. Now, nothing.

I can still obviously do this when exporting a .swf alone, so I'm assuming it has nothing to do with Flash/Animate itself, but if I use any SDK from v18 on to export to an iPhone, nothing happens. I cannot tell if data is not being sent or received or whatever, but I do know if I export a .swf = perfect. If I export via SDK to a device? Nothing. So what's up?

No, my phone is not in airplane mode. Yes, it has a stable internet connection. Until this is fixed, I'm stuck using SDK 17. This is now becoming a problem as other extensions I use are starting to require newer SDKs.

Any chance of adding this back to the SDK, Adobe? I'd like to keep using your products.

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

For iOS you must use HTTPS for your website. Read here Re: air 19 & iOs 9 App Transport Security

This is not AIR issue but Apple restrictions.

P.S. and use latest SDK from Release (25) or from Beta (26)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PHP using AS3 it's urlrequest. Looks like this issue on yours side

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, because as I mentioned above ... it works in the .swf, which is AS3. It does NOT work when exported to iPhone via SDK 18 or >. The issue cannot be on my side. It only errors after conversion using a newer SDK. Still works great in SDK 17.

Also, I am using URLrequest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For iOS you must use HTTPS for your website. Read here Re: air 19 & iOs 9 App Transport Security

This is not AIR issue but Apple restrictions.

P.S. and use latest SDK from Release (25) or from Beta (26)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will look into that as a possibility, but I am still able to submit an App to Apple via Air SDK 17 without the need of https.

Something has changed between SDK 17 and 18+.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Xcode version was changed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Got a https. Seems to work now. I should have known it was APPLE's fault. They've screwed me over more times than I can count.

Thanks for the pointer. Now I get to spend even MORE money/year just to make Apps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines