• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Building ANE for iOS simulator problem

Participant ,
Sep 01, 2015 Sep 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I'm building an ANE to work on the simulator but I keep getting this error from Flash builder.

ld: warning: ignoring file /var/folders/g6/gyxb11k906s8j8hdt21wlblm0000gn/T/e900a99a-254d-4ea7-98c0-5ff9688cd9c3/libcom.minh.truong.datepickerController.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (i386): /var/folders/g6/gyxb11k906s8j8hdt21wlblm0000gn/T/e900a99a-254d-4ea7-98c0-5ff9688cd9c3/libcom.minh.truong.datepickerController.a

ld: warning: ObjC object file (/Applications/Adobe Flash Builder 4.7/eclipse/plugins/com.adobe.flash.compiler_4.7.0.349722/AIRSDK/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeInterpreter.x86-simulator-air.a(CTContentPlayer.o)) was compiled for iOS Simulator, but linking for MacOSX

I'm testing for iOS 9 beta and I don't want to wipe devices so I'm testing for the simulator.

From what I understand, I need to grab the simulator build (debug) of my library to put in the ANE but I keep getting this Architecture and linking for OS X problem. I'm not sure what settings to set.

My architecture setting is for ARMv7, and ARM64. In the error, I see i386. That's 32 bit arch from what I understand but no idea what that means.

thanks.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know the solution to getting ANEs to work in the simulator. But I am running iOS 9 on my iPhone 5 and iPad Air. It works well enough, that you could risk installing it on one device. Then you could test your ANE on a device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I might have to but it would be good to know how to build for simulator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To start, I should say I'm not building for iOS 9 yet.

from http://help.adobe.com/en_US/air/extensions/WSf268776665d7970d-2482335412ffea65006-8000.html

• To create an iOS Simulator application package, the ANE file must include the iPhone-x86 platform. Alternatively, the ANE file must include the default platform and at least one other platform.

Basically you have to include the simulator as a whole different platform, just like iOS or Android.

Unfortunately, I don't know which specific build settings in xcode to use on that .a file, or if you can just use the same one you used for iPhone-ARM, but I would assume you need a separate one.  I have a custom ANE that I haven't bothered building for the simulator yet, so I have to do all my testing on device

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it to work!

What you want is the i386 build, so, set Build Active Architecture Only to No, and remove arm64 from Valid Architecture.

Use the simulator build for your ANE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 03, 2015 Sep 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This build method does not work for framework, not sure why. I'll have to build for device for frameworks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines