Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crash when targetting AppStore

Engaged ,
Aug 02, 2011 Aug 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have an app that works fine when I package it using the ipa-debug target. But when I set the target to "ipa-app-store" instead, the app crashes at startup (the linked splash screen is displayed, then it quits back to the iOS "desktop").

I'm using FlashDevelop as an IDE, so I'm not sure I could be able to debug the app (and anyway it works in debug mode).

Did someone already encounter this nasty issue?

Thank you!

Frédéric

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2011 Aug 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This looks like a bug. Could you please file it at http://bugbase.adobe.com. Please make sure to attach the sources of your application.

Thanks,

Sanika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sanika,

Thanks for your reply. But I clearly can't attach the source code of the game my company is developping 🙂 Well, I guess I'll have to hope for a fix in the next version of Air then.

Cheers

Frédéric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I understand it :). Without the sources, it's difficult to say whether the bug will be fixed in the next version. To help us replicate the problem, could you try reducing the app to a smaller test case and perhaps attach that to the bug.

Thanks,

Sanika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sanika,

I think I found the cause of the crash, I posted a bug report here: https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=2936326

Hope this helps!

Frédéric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Frédéric,

How are you able to create an app for the App Store? I'm very interested in doing this myself but don't know how.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Well, I was talking of using Air SDK to create an app for iOS. You can find plenty of information about how to proceed, and since it's a rather long setup to build, I strongly encourage you to Google this on the web

For example, check this page out: http://va.lent.in/blog/2011/03/25/air2-6-app-for-ios/

Have fun!

Frédéric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines