• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS5 Illustrator crashes every time I try to name a file to save work to

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have CS5 Illustrator as part of CS5 Design Premium.  I have a new imac desktop running macOS Sierra 10.12.6.  Although CS5 Illustrator worked fine before, suddenly it has started crashing every time I try to save a file.  "Save,""Save As," or "Save A Copy"--it doesn't matter.  The save dialog box has a previous file listed and I can still save to that particular named file, but every time I try to save my work to another file (documents, desktop, etc.) the program crashes, nothing is saved or retrievable, and I get the message, "Adobe Illustrator CS5 quite unexpectedly.  Click Reopen to open the application again.  Click Report to see more detailed information and send a report to Apple."  I have Photoshop on this computer, as well.  Photoshop is still saving files just fine, but after I manually close the program, I get the same message, "Adobe Photoshop CS5 quit unexpectedly."  I just "Ignore" that, since the program was already closed by me.

I have spoken with Apple 4x and it says this crashing is an Adobe issue.   I have spoken with Adobe 5x and it tells me that it's an Apple issue.  I completely uninstalled and reinstalled CS5 Design Premium yesterday, but it made no difference in the crashing.  Any suggestions?  I'm desperate.

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have exactly the same scenario and I share your frustration! Hope someone who has figured out a solution on this problem will take the time to share the knowledge 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines