Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Desktop Adobe air app asking for adobe flash install for windows

New Here ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We had a .swf file and created Hellowworld.exe using below command for windows

adt -package -storetype pkcs12 -keystore sampleCert.pfx -target native Helloworld HelloWorld-app.xml HelloWorld.html Helloworl.swf qb-16.png qb-32.png qb-48.png qb-128.png

However, when I installed the executable to run, it asks me to download adobe flash player. I was expecting it not to ask as it is a packaged installer and different behavior as compare to mac app created using same command.

Can someone help pls.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The latest versions of AIR will not include a web Flashplayer in the package (expecting the user to have it installed). You can either use an older version of AIR (AIR 21 or earlier) to enable a "captive" Flashplayer, or use this obscure work-around in newer versions:

Install NPAPI flash player from
https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/npapi/
Download the latest AIRSDK from
https://adobe.com/devnet/air/air-sdk-download.html then remove/rename these files:

\runtimes\air-captive\win\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0\Resources\NPSWF32.dll
\runtimes\air-captive\win64\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0\Resources\NPSWF64.dll

And replace them with:
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32_32_0_0_192.dll (paste it in the above location and rename the file to NPSWF32.dll) And: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF64_32_0_0_192.dll (paste it in the above location and rename the file to NPSWF64.dll)

Basically you're just changing some placeholder files to trick the compiler into including Flashplayer. If you publish your AIR application after changing the files, the user won't need to have Flashplayer installed.

I'm publishing from Adobe Animate CC, but I'm assuming this trick may work for you also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines