Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Detecting Kindle Fire HD

Engaged ,
Jan 30, 2014 Jan 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just purchased a 7" Kindle Fire HD tablet, and I am testing in app purchases on it. I created a wrapper around several ANE to abstract the in app purchase process, depending on the device the app runs on. It was working great with Android and iOS, but now I'm encountering an issue. Indeed, I need to determine if I'm running on a regular Android device (to use Google Play and the Milkman IAP ANE), or on the Kindle Fire (to use Amazon's ANE calls instead).

Unfortunately, it seems that the Kindle Fire returns "Android Linux" in the Capabilities.manufacturer variable, like a standard Android device. So I have no way to identify a Kindle Fire specifically. Would you have a trick to recognize the Kindle Fire, please?

Thank you very much!

Frédéric

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You’re needing to use the Amazon ANE because the user bought the app from Amazon, not because it’s a Kindle Fire. You will have to use that ANE for non Kindle Android devices too, if the app was bought from Amazon.

So, just set a variable that you can read when you publish to Google Play, iTunes, or Amazon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Colin,

Thank you for your quick reply. Yes, that makes sense, I didn't realize you could get an app from Amazon on a non-Kindle device. I'll use the variable trick.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines