Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Air support iPad Pro?

Advocate ,
Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I received the first user request to support the iPad Pro with our apps. Is it supported with the current Air SDK 19 already? If so, what is the process to release a version that supports it?

Thanks

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Hi,

We have already added support for iPad Pro in Air SDK 20. Please try the latest SKD from Download Adobe AIR 20 Beta - Adobe Labs. Let us know if you face any issues.

Thanks,

Adobe Air Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have already added support for iPad Pro in Air SDK 20. Please try the latest SKD from Download Adobe AIR 20 Beta - Adobe Labs. Let us know if you face any issues.

Thanks,

Adobe Air Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anki,

There is no support for getting iPad Pro screen shots on iOS simulators as yet, not with xcode 7.1.1 or the newer xcode betas  i've tested with.

Is this in the pipline ?  as Apple will likely reject submissions without them sooner or later..

I've tested with the latest available Air 20 sdk  20.0.0.196 .

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anki,

I used the latest SDK but air builds appear not to be working in the apple simulators for iPad Pro.

Many devs rely on the simulators for their screenshots and need them for submission.

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have iPad Pro, and AIR 19 works fine on it, I'm sure AIR 20 does too. I think I just scaled up the iPhone 6 Plus screens for the submission.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok great, so just to confirm this: To have my users being able to install my app on the iPad Pro, the only thing I need to do is submit the screenshots?

Thanks,

Ruben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Though I should say that the seven apps I submitted are still "waiting for review". Hopefully they'll get through ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 05, 2019 Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iPad Pro does not seem to be supported with AIR 30/31/32. I keep getting "ApplicationVerificationFailed" errors. Apps upload fine to iphone X on iOS 12.x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I revoked all my provisioning profiles and generated all new App IDs and Dev certificates and the Pro started to work. Phew

But I did have to 'hack' in the Beta 32 AIR SDK which was a pain. Current Animate comes with AIR 30

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couple of things you'll love to know. Actually, three...

1. It used to be that betas had a watermark, you couldn't use a beta fix on a released app.

2. The betas that work with your app are infinitely better than the shipping one that doesn't. Also, if everything works ok, it's incidental that it's beta.

3. AIR 32 is released anyway. You could use that version:

Adobe - Adobe AIR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another comment, the embedded AIR 30 is really a downside. It stops you from building an earlier AIR app if that app really needs the earlier version. Adding later versions via the Help menu allows you to be flexible. The nuisance will come when AIR 32 is embedded, and you're using ANEs that only work up to AIR 31. Then you will have to keep earlier versions of Animate around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines