• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embedding otf font broken in air 29

Contributor ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When embedding a font in a project the following error occurs when compiling with air 29:

code.as(16): Error: exception during transcoding:

[ Embed( source="assets/fonts/Heinemann-Black.otf",

code.as(16): col: 9: Error: unable to build font 'Heinemann-Black'

[ Embed( source="assets/fonts/Heinemann-Black.otf",

^

code.as(16): col: 9: Error: Unable to transcode assets/fonts/Heinemann-Black.otf.

^

Anyone else seeing this error?

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a huge issue for me because building with air 28 is resulting in a rejection due to the public API IOPSCopyPowerSourcesInfo, _IOPSCopyPowerSourcesList, _IOPSGetPowerSourceDescription issue.

Is there any fix for the public API issue other than using air 29? Since air 29 is broken for embedding fonts, which my app requires.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cybobear,

Are you facing this issue with this particular fonts or any other fonts ?

Which OS, Device are you using.

Also, did you try latest AIR beta ?

I would suggest you to open a tracker ( Tracker  ) bug for this if this bug is reproducible on latest AIR beta.

-Vivek
Adobe AIR Engineering Team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vivek,

I cannot create an APK or IPA using air 29 with my project. It occurs during compilation of the air swf.

It doesn't occur using air 30 beta. This is what I'm forced to use, but I would suspect using a beta SDK is not recommended for production. So I would say it's critical to get air 30 beta officially rolled out with the certificate bugged fixed. I'm assuming also that air 30 beta still will produce the hybrid 32/64 bit ipa files as well.

I believe I did open a bug for this. But seeing as air 29 is broken with submission errors, I'm not sure if it makes sense to fix it or concentrate on air 30. I would stress that these issues seem pretty critical as many developers are unable to submit to the app store currently with any air SDK release.

Thanks for your reply Vivek.

-cybo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vivek,

I'm seeing this error in the latest official release of air 30, released on June 7. It was not present in the previous air 30 beta release. I will make another post in the bug forum and the tracker. There is an open bug for air 29 for the bug in tracker but it never was reviewed.

-cybo

EDIT: had to edit this as there was a typo saying I'm not seeing the error in the official air 30 release, which was wrong. I am seeing it. It's not present in air 30 beta and air < 29

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is the new thread Vivek: Embedding otf font broken in air 30 and air 29

and the bug tracker post: Tracker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines