• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error #3672: Buffer creation failed when using drawToBitmapData (Context3D) while using VideoTexture

Engaged ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a problem in my app. App execution halts when using the drawToBitmapData() method with the following error:

"ArgumentError: Error #3672: Buffer creation failed. Internal error"

This only happens under Android while using VideoTexture when calling that method, and only on AIR 25.

Using AIR 24 "solves" the problem, so there's an issue introduced in AIR 25 betas.

This problem happens with all beta versions of AIR 25 I've tried:

AIR 25.0.0.108

AIR 25.0.0.118

AIR 25.0.0.126

I'm trying to report this bug at the Bug Tracker, but I'm getting an error message there:

"Bug Submission Failed"

It seems this is a recurrent error already mentioned in these forums quite a few times already:

https://www.google.com/search?q=adobe+"Bug+Submission+Failed"

So the Bug Report system ALSO has a bug?!

Well, I hope someone at Adobe can help me get my report through.

Best regards.

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I've tried again and at last the bug report got through. I hope they can fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If someone has experienced the same "Buffer creation failed" error with AIR 25, even if it's not the exact same circumstances, please vote for this bug, since it might help solve the problem. Thank you!

Link to the bug report at Adobe's Tracker: Tracker

BTW, I've found this problem is still present even in the recently released "stable" version of AIR 25, and it also happens in the newer beta as well:

AIR 25.0.0.134 : Stable version available at: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/air-sdk-download.html

AIR 25.0.0.143 : Beta version (newer than the "stable") available at: http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/air.html Both versions still have the same problem described in this bug report.

Both versions have the problem. I hope this bug can be eventually squashed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experience the same problem on Android

Created a simple videoPlayer with Feathers and i got the error

ArgumentError: Error #3672: Buffer creation failed. Internal error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you experience that error with AIR 24 as well? Or it only happens with AIR 25?

Please vote for the bug here at Adobe's Tracker

The more people vote for this bug the better. For now they don't seem to be paying attention at all to this problem. I couldn't even get a confirmation that they could reproduce the bug with the sample project I sent them, let alone being actually working on the fix. They haven't answered for more than a month.

So please chime in, vote and send your own example which reproduces the bug, to see if we get any reaction from them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines