• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extending custom classes crashes workers in iOS AOT builds.

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2015 Dec 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The problem seems to occur when I reference a class that inherits from custom code from within the worker. For example, class WorkerRequest extends WorkerResponse (both custom classes). If an instance of WorkerRequest is referenced within the worker SWF code, the application crashes. I have an example application within the following zip Dropbox - AOTWorkerCrash.zip

This only occurs in an iOS AOT build. Interpreted iOS, Android and Desktop builds run fine.

Anybody else having this issue?

Cheers!

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2015 Dec 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've gone through Grant's example and written my own separate test app, and it seems that there is indeed an issue with Workers on iOS. Here's what I've found:

If I have a custom class (let's call it Foo) that inherits from another custom class (let's call it Bar) then the app will crash if I create an instance of Foo in both the main and background thread. However, if Foo is re-worked so that it doesn't inherit a custom class, then the crash no longer occurs.

This is likely the same as the known issue that is mentioned in the AIR 20 Release notes:

[iOS] Crash if Class used in Main and Background worker is a CustomClass (4068748)

Grant also has a separate bug logged in the Adobe Bugbase for this:

Extending custom classes within workers crashes iOS AOT builds (4096299)

Does anyone from Adobe know if this bug is being actively looked at or when it will likely be fixed? It's a major blocker on a project I'm currently working on.

Thanks,

- Christopher

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2016 Jun 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing is happening with AIR 21. FFS, Adobe, this makes workers unusable on iOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2016 Jun 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Our team has found the fix and we are working on the same.

We will let you know once we ship the fix.

thanks a lot for the patience.

-Roshan

Adobe AIR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2016 Jun 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great news! Thanks Roshan!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2016 Jun 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Astonishing news. Do you think you'll be able to push it with AIR 22?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines