Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting Open In... to work with an iOS AIR app

Participant ,
Jan 24, 2014 Jan 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am making a music player for iOS.  So far, I have figured that I am supposed to:

• in the InfoAdditions section of the app manifest, add:  UIFileSharingEnabled = true, so that users can place mp3s in iTunes within the app's documents directory, which my app can then open.

• Since File.browseForOpen() doesn't work on iOS ( *sigh* ), either:

• create my own file browser, based on the file pointers I get via File.documentsDirectory.getDirectoryListing().

Assuming I can make this work without running afoul of Apple's storage guidelines ( BTW: from what I am reading, using the documents directory to store mp3s might be a violation ), I still need to figure out one more thing:

How do I make it so that other apps can see my air app via the little "Open in..." drop-down menu, when trying to read an mp3?  Is that even possible?  IOW, is there a way to indicate to iOS that my AIR app can read mp3s ( or other sound files )?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jan 25, 2014 Jan 25, 2014

You need to register what document extensions you want your app to support and let other apps know about through various additional app desciptor InfoAdditions, as discussed here:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4725423

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Jan 25, 2014 Jan 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to register what document extensions you want your app to support and let other apps know about through various additional app desciptor InfoAdditions, as discussed here:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4725423

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 25, 2014 Jan 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank's, Jeffrey.  I missed that post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines