Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! How to remove application icon "shine" from icons

May 12, 2011 May 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way through cs5 or cs5.5 flash pro to make it so the "shine" on the icons is not automatically added when you put it on your ipod / iphone?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 12, 2011 May 12, 2011

My guess is that you would add this to your InfoAdditions part of the descriptor xml:

<key>UIPrerenderedIcon</key><true/>

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is that you would add this to your InfoAdditions part of the descriptor xml:

<key>UIPrerenderedIcon</key><true/>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But how do you add to that file before it gets compiled into an ipa?  I can open up the ipa that flash spits out and modify the infolist, but it won't install on any deviecs then with a "valid signature now found" error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to insert the tag above in app xml under the iphone tsgs infoadditions section. You should not modify the ipa once its created as its digitally signed

Sent from my Android phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are talking about the "myApp-app.xml" file that flash creates when you create the swf?  When I run it, it creates that file with the following info:

<?xml version ="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<application xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/air/application/2.0">
  <id>myApp</id>
  <version>1.0</version>
  <filename>myApp</filename>
  <description></description>
  <!-- To localize the description, use the following format for the description element.<description><text xml:lang="en">English App description goes here</text><text xml:lang="fr">French App description goes here</text><text xml:lang="ja">Japanese App description goes here</text></description>-->
  <name>wut</name>
  <!-- To localize the name, use the following format for the name element.<name><text xml:lang="en">English App name goes here</text><text xml:lang="fr">French App name goes here</text><text xml:lang="ja">Japanese App name goes here</text></name>-->
  <copyright></copyright>
  <initialWindow>
    <content>myApp.swf</content>
    <systemChrome>standard</systemChrome>
    <transparent>false</transparent>
    <visible>true</visible>
    <fullScreen>false</fullScreen>
    <aspectRatio>portrait</aspectRatio>
    <renderMode>auto</renderMode>
  </initialWindow>
  <icon></icon>
  <customUpdateUI>false</customUpdateUI>
  <allowBrowserInvocation>false</allowBrowserInvocation>
</application>

I am suppose to add lines to this?  My apologies if I am not understanding this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes correct. You can google for adding iphone tag in this xml it should be a child tag of application tag

Sent from my Android phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The safest way to make changes to the app descriptor xml is to go through Flash iOS publishing settings and choose all of the normal options, then close the settings dialog (make sure that you selected to have it remember your password for this session), and then edit the descriptor file in a text editor. You InfoAdditions would look like this if you are publishing for iPad and iPhone:

<iPhone>

<InfoAdditions><![CDATA[<key>UIDeviceFamily</key><array><string>1</string><string>2</string></array><key>UIPrerenderedIcon</key><true/>]]></InfoAdditions>

<requestedDisplayResolution>standard</requestedDisplayResolution>

</iPhone>

That section can sit immediately below where you have currently got the  <icon></icon> part. It would already have been started if you had selected which devices you wanted the app to work on.
After making the changes in your text editor, do a save, then in Flash choose Publish from the File menu, and all should be good.
If you were to open up the iOS settings and do Publish from there, there;s a danger that it will overwrite some of the changes you made in the text editor.
By the way, the above example is correct for AIR 2.6, if you're still using the old packager in CS5, then the  <requestedDisplayResolution>standard</requestedDisplayResolution> part will cause an error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got this working now.  I was just getting confused because the app descriptor is something that is generated as you publish it, so i assumed it was re-generated every time.  As long as I generated it once, then made my additions, it was not overwritted anymore.  And VOILA, no shine on the app icon!

THanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't checked myself but you can try setting

UIPrerenderedIcon property of info.plist to YES that should do the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines