• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I specify supported languages for an Android app?

Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2014 May 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uploaded my APK created with AIR to the Android Developers console and it looks like the list of supported languages is the default one (15 languages), see image:

http://imgur.com/67MxVKI

My app actually only supports 9 languages, how can I specify only the 9 languages that my app supports?ffi

Are there any specific tags I need to add in the Android manifest additions in the application descriptor?

Any pointer in the right direction will be appreciated, thanks.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , May 03, 2014 May 03, 2014

Starting with AIR 3.8 Adobe added the supportedLanguages tag for the app xml descriptor that would filter the default all languages:

<!-- Languages supported by application. Only these languages can be specified -->

<!--<supportedLanguages>en de cs es fr it ja ko nl pl pt ru sv tr zh</supportedLanguages>-->

<supportedLanguages>en</supportedLanguages>

This definitely works on iOS by filtering the localizations that get bundled into the .ipa so Apple doesn't automatically list all languages Adobe loca

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting with AIR 3.8 Adobe added the supportedLanguages tag for the app xml descriptor that would filter the default all languages:

<!-- Languages supported by application. Only these languages can be specified -->

<!--<supportedLanguages>en de cs es fr it ja ko nl pl pt ru sv tr zh</supportedLanguages>-->

<supportedLanguages>en</supportedLanguages>

This definitely works on iOS by filtering the localizations that get bundled into the .ipa so Apple doesn't automatically list all languages Adobe localizes in the captive runtime. I would expect this to have a similar effect on Android if you don't already have this explicitly added in your application descriptor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jeff,
That's it, for some silly reason I though that was only for iOS, but it works like a charm on Android as well.

Thanks for the answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines