• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to use an older version of AIR SDK within Flash Builder?

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2012 Jan 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, recently I installed Flash Builder 4.6 which allready includes AIR 3.1 but I also need to compile my projects with older version of AIR SDK (2.6 and 2.7). Can anyone give me a solution for this task.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 05, 2012 Jan 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply Copy paste the already installed Flex SDK folder inside sdks to another folder and rename it to "Flex_AIR 2.6" or "Flex_AIR 2.7".

The unzip the AIR 2.6 or AIR 2.7 SDK from adobe site and paste it to the above created respective folder.

Open Flash Builder and Configure the new Flex sdks and their location

Open any project, open its properties, and in compiler options write -target-player 11 for AIR 2.6 and -target-player 12 for AIR 2.7

Thanks,

Meet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2012 Jan 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer, I allready added the AIR 2.6 and AIR 2.7 SDK as you said, but I have no luck to run or debug a project inside the flash builder...

It show up this error:

Process terminated without establishing connection to debugger.

error while loading initial content

Launch command details:  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.6\sdks\4.6.0 AIR 2.6\bin\adl.exe" -runtime "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.6\sdks\4.6.0 AIR 2.6\runtimes\air\win" -profile mobileDevice -screensize 768x1004:768x1024 -XscreenDPI 132 -XversionPlatform IOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2012 Jan 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anybody could help me with this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2012 Nov 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread reminded me of this comic: http://xkcd.com/979/

I've been struggling with this for hours, and I was finally able to figure out the issue. Hopefully, if someone else finds this, it will be useful.

The problem is that when you merge older frameworks, some of the files in the original folder that don't have corresponding files in the older SDK folder cause problems. Specifically, frameworks/air-config.xml - this file specifies compiler options to be used. I'm not sure why, but overriding compiler options in the project properties' Flex Compiler setting doesn't seem to work. The issue is that the original SDK (Flex 4.6/AIR 3.4) uses SWF version 14, whereas older versions need older player targets. I had to compile an app to AIR SDK 2.0.1 which meant I needed to target player version 10. Updating frameworks/air-config.xml's swf-version string solved my issue. This was for a desktop app, but I have to imagine the same issue applies to mobile.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2014 Jul 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I really needed the comic.

I have a version of this problem.  Installed Flash Builder 4.7, and overlaid the Air 2.6 SDK.  Now the darn thing keeps saying I have 3.1,but I don't.  If I change the namespace in the generated app.xml for debugging, it works fine.  Going into my 5th hour trying to fix this, so thanks for the humor!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i need to use air 17.0.0.124 help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this is a super old thread, but I'll oblige you.

How to update AIR SDK for Adobe Flash Builder 4.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines