• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How would I deploy my iOS app on Windows?

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2013 Oct 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I want t know what do I need to test iOS games made from Flash Builder 4.6 and Flash CS6? I am on a Windows Machine, and I was wondering how would I test it on an iOS device? My sister has a Mac so I would be able to upload to the App Store after development, I just wanted to know how would I test on Windows since I don't want to use her Computer until I need to upload to the App Store.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2013 Oct 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do everything on my windows PC and just use my macbook to upload app and make the certificates and profiles. You will need to establish a developer account (100 bucks) so you can create those certs and profiles. Once you got those you can starting making your apps with flash on the PC and compile either through the IDE or command line. For testing I compile to adhoc distribution then I use Testflight to send to my devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2013 Oct 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would I compile to adhoc distribution? Now am I able to make the Certificates on Windows or should I borrow my sisters Mac? And then how would I make my final build (On Windows) for an appstore review?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2013 Oct 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you were able to create certs and profiles on a PC but Apple has revamped there whole system regarding developers so not to sure you can do it now on a PC. It's easier to do on a Mac. I can't go into details about the full process cuz there are a lot of steps but you can find many tutorials online covering that.  Basically once you have your account set up, you create a p12 certificate and a provisioning profile. For profiles you create one for distribution for adhoc. Then you create another for distribution for AppStore. In flash you bundle the cert and a profile into the IPA file. Also before you create profiles register your devices and any else's you plan to have test for you. You can have 100 devices per year. I have a group of people that test for me and have them all on Testflight. So they all receive an email from me and install the app right out of the email on there device. Use the adhoc profile for testing then when ready use the Appstore profile to upload to iTunes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 24, 2013 Oct 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This article has helped me for the steps to make your certificates etc.:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/articles/packaging-air-apps-ios.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines