• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'm sharing my new ANE for iOS - it's shows native spinner when AIR loaded by 100%

Advocate ,
Jul 25, 2014 Jul 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is details http://flashdaily.net/post/92720303047/ane-for-displaying-loading-status

Sources is not available to anyone, but ANE is free to use.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool! Plans to extend for Android? Also, does this show up before, after or instead of a splash screen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick video demonstrating this ANE:

This is not preloader for Adobe Air app You can use it anytime you want to indicate that your app is not stuck

import flash.events.MouseEvent;

import flash.display.BitmapData;

import flash.display.Bitmap;

import flash.display.StageScaleMode;

import flash.display.StageAlign;

import gamespoweredby.ui.UIActivityIndicatorViewStyle;

import gamespoweredby.ui.UIActivityIndicatorView;

import flash.events.Event;

stage.scaleMode = StageScaleMode.NO_SCALE;

stage.align = StageAlign.TOP_LEFT;

var img : Bitmap = new Bitmap();

addChildAt(img,0);

test.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, onTest);

function onTest(e:MouseEvent):void{

UIActivityIndicatorView.show(UIActivityIndicatorViewStyle.UIActivityIndicatorViewStyleWhiteLarge, 0xaa000000,0xffffffff, loadCPU);

}

function loadCPU(){

var bitmap : BitmapData = new BitmapData(2048, 2048, false);

bitmap.noise(7);

img.bitmapData = bitmap;

UIActivityIndicatorView.hide();

}

This code:

var bitmap : BitmapData = new BitmapData(2048, 2048, false);

bitmap.noise(7);

will load iOS device CPU and Adobe Air stay unresponsive while BitmapData is generating. Looking on that BitmapData - it's really big and time to wait depends from device CPU power and some users may think "App is crashing or stuck".

But if you need to show similar "Activity" indicator - just use my ANE and user will see that app is not stuck and doing something and moreover - it's default spinner

When you need remove this activity indicator - just call UIActivityIndicatorView.hide()

There is one thing you may to know. If you start big and advanced computations in Adobe Air - iOS may not show this activity indicator by calling UIActivityIndicatorView.show(). So you must use to callback for it (loadCPU in sample above) and it will fire only after activity indicator appeared.

When you want to remove it - just call UIActivityIndicatorView.hide();

I'm not Android guy so if I can do this myself - this may be not tomorrow. May be some weekend, don't know actually. I don't have any clue about Android native code

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2014 Dec 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the amazing work!

I've been using your ANE so far in my apps and it's working great,

but with the new 64bit SDK i now get the following error when packaging :

Packaging failed!

Packaging error message:

Error: libActivityIndicator.a is required to have universal iOS libraries.

Please contact the ANE developer(s) to get the same.

is it possible for you to re-compile and include the universal iOS libraries? Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi flashmafia!

I will recompile but looks like there is not only ANE issue. May be some linker failure. Anyway will check and post here update. Will try to do my best )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing! I'll wait for your update, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 08, 2015 Jan 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for long waiting. I was on Christmas holidays. My extension was updated. Links the same as on first message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2015 Jan 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're the best! I'm gonna use it right away in my project!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2015 Feb 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anton, i noticed the indicator is not well centered when changing from portrait to landscape ( my app supports both )

it appears it stays at the coordinates of the first orientation : is there a workaround, or would it be possible to specify the x y coordinates manually from the API?

Thanks again for this great ANE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 15, 2015 Feb 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi and thanks for the report. I will check what I can do and post here when it will be ready (soon)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines