Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iAP Android/Milkman Games ANE Issue

Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2016 Oct 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all!

So, I've been utilizing the Milkman Games ANE for Android in-app billing and regularly come across the same issue.

Every so often a customer will claim they did not receive their iAP consumable item for an app on Google Play. The purchase flow works fine; orders come in, the transactions complete. So my assumption is that the issue lies somewhere with the consuming process. Presumably, not every customer has an issue because I'll see the same iAP items being purchased and 4/5 times they go well and I don't get a complaint email. Test in app purchases also process fine. The code is working - its all properly functioning. I don't understand the hang up on some purchases.

I'd be naive to assume there arent customers that spend money on something and claim they didnt get it only to get their money back and keep what they bought. However, I dont have a way to verify they received their items.

My questions are:

** How long does the iAP consume process typically take from Purchase to Receiving their item. Is it instantaneous or does it consume after their card was charged?

** Is anyone else coming across this same issue with this ANE where customers claim they aren't getting the consumables they paid for?

** Is there a way to verify customers are receiving their consumables? Like maybe firing back some information to me that says "this user purchased this consumable, started with X amount, and now has Y amount".

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 11, 2016 Oct 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey,

we are using Milkman Android IAP ANE with a huge userbase and never had this issue, there has not been a single case where we could show that an item was purchased but not payed out on Android (very much different so on iOS). We pay out and track consumables on our backend server, so we can verify all complaints.

First let me ask, are you using Android IPA API v3? Because consumables basically do not exist anymore, there are only "managed items" that you can or can not consume. It is important to understand this, because Google will at any time present you all the items a user owns. At any time, you can consume an item, which will remove it from the list, so the user does no longer own it. This is how we use it:

On Login, call checkItems()

On Purchase Succes, call checkItems()

checkItems: For each item the user owns (and that you consider a consumable), send a request to our server with the purchase data. The server will then verify that the purchase id has not been used before and pay out the item. If the payout was successful or the user already used this purchase id, the server will respond to the client to consume the item. In case of error or connectivity issues, the item will not be consumed and the process restarts at the next login.

Hope this helps,

cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines