• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iOS 11 Application has blank icon with Air 28

Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble packaging our application for iOS with the icon properly. I've followed the instructions in the Air 28 release notes to package the Assets.car file and I've listed all the available sizes in the app.xml but the app still shows up on device with the default blank icon.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

I managed to figure it out, I just had to move the Asset.car file into the root SRC file of my app, previously I had it in a separately packaged asset folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not crying or anything, I'm just complaining that windows/mac has been supported for everything so far, and then sudden a mac only requirement pops up. I've already been able to create the assets.car file from borrowing a mac from a friend, but my point was to attempt to bring attention to this to possibly increase chances of a Windows option. They didn't list they were working on 1, so I want to make sure it happens. I'm also looking into the VM Mac for myself, it does seem to be a good option. BUT another thing to consider is although I personally know how to use a Mac, there may be others who do not, so having a Windows solution would help those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anybody tell where exactly should I put assets.car to make icon visible on iphoneX? Topicstarter told that he "just had to move the Asset.car file into the root SRC file of my app" but I don't understand what he meant by "root src file" %)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You should keep Assets.car in parallel with the swf and package it as an asset with the swf and app-xml.

Thanks,

Pravishti | Adobe AIR Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. I tried building an ipa with the Assets.car file (got it created on a friends Mac). However it still doesn't install on my ipad that is ios 11. I am using AIR SDK 18. On trying to install with iMazing / iTunes it gives me a darkened icon on my ipad which on click says unable to install. iMazing gives error saying your app is not compatible for ios 11. Is there any change to be made in the app descriptor.xml file? What am I missing? Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please try once with AIR 28 (Download Adobe AIR SDK) and let us know.

Thanks,

Pravishti | Adobe AIR Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the OT, I take advantage of your message to express my gratitude to the Adobe AIR Engineering  team for the amazing work you do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just make it an included file in Air for iOS settings within Adobe Animate.

Screen Shot 2018-01-02 at 7.38.06 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to add a heads-up for people looking for a PC-friendly solution for this, I used this online tool:

Generate ios、android app ICON and Assets.car online

http://www.appuploader.net/appuploader/icontool.php

It's free and is very quick and easy (all you have to do is upload a 1024x1024 original icon image).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just a quick question about the Assets.car and the icon specifications for iOS 13 and later. 

I understand how to get the Assets.car file. I don't undertand how the icons themselves should now be packaged with an AIR for iOS project. Are the old 'Default...' names of the icons no longer needed? Is the new folder full of icons produced by appuploader to be included with the AIR package? Or does the Assets.car file somehow contain everything needed without including the icons themselves?

I know that this sounds like a newbie question, and I guess I AM a newbie in the sense that I'm finishing the first app I've done since AIR v24.  

Thanks, Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines