Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IOS exiting instead of pausing and device filtering in the market

May 18, 2011 May 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know you can add a line to your app descriptor file to have your IOS app pause or exit when you press home button.  But what about for 2nd generation ipods or iphone 3g where it will always close  when you hit the home key?  Will adding that line in the descriptor file make the app unavailable to ios devices that cannot change what they do when you hit the home key?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 19, 2011 May 19, 2011

If you're using AIR 2.6, then it requires iOS 4, and every device that can run the app will be able to do the pause/resume.

If you're using AIR 2.0 and have specified a minimum iOS of 3.0, but you also put in a hack so that it might pause ok on iOS 4, it may fail for a couple of reasons. But you could still test that, and if behaves as you want it to on iOS 3 devices as well as iOS 4 devices, at least the Flash side of things is working ok.

There would still be a possible problem with Apple though

Votes

Translate

Translate
May 19, 2011 May 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anyone know this?  I don't want to push my app to the market if i don't know what generation devices it will be available to

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're using AIR 2.6, then it requires iOS 4, and every device that can run the app will be able to do the pause/resume.

If you're using AIR 2.0 and have specified a minimum iOS of 3.0, but you also put in a hack so that it might pause ok on iOS 4, it may fail for a couple of reasons. But you could still test that, and if behaves as you want it to on iOS 3 devices as well as iOS 4 devices, at least the Flash side of things is working ok.

There would still be a possible problem with Apple though, in that you're requiring iOS 3 and yet putting in iOS 4 features. You may not know until you submit the app whether that is a problem.

Overall, I would suggest not putting in a hack, but instead either publish for iOS 3 and live with it exiting on suspend, or publish it with AIR 2.6, and give up on the older devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is exactly what i didn't want to hear:P

Thanks for the reply though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Supported iOS devices with Air 2.6

As part of supporting the latest and most powerful Flash runtime  features on iOS, we have chosen to drop support for the original iPhone  and the iPhone 3G, along with iPhone OS 3. AIR 2.6 supports building  apps for the following iOS 4 devices:

• iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4
  • iPod Touch (3rd Generation and 4th Generation)
  • iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines