• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IOS Publish Setting, manually changing the application descriptor file?

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2015 Aug 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am publishing an IOS app with some ANEs.

The ANEs need some changes made to the application descriptor file but when publishing for IOS, there is no Permission tab with a "manually adjust" option

Any ideas how to edit the IOS descriptor file?

Thanks

Pete

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Aug 14, 2015 Aug 14, 2015

Yup, like Colin said, there's an <InfoAdditions> block you can add to your app descriptor xml (flash builder should generate one for you in your app descriptor xml and then you can just modify it).  Anything in there will be added to the info.plist in the resulting iOS app.  There's also a corresponding block for Android.

So, for instance, if I want my app to to be a universal app (targets both iphone and ipad), I would normally add this to info.plist, using Apple's UIDeviceFamily key:

<key>UIDev

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's just an XML file, you can edit it with any text editor. ANEs that need custom changes in the XML need to have that done in a text editor, even if it's an Android app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, like Colin said, there's an <InfoAdditions> block you can add to your app descriptor xml (flash builder should generate one for you in your app descriptor xml and then you can just modify it).  Anything in there will be added to the info.plist in the resulting iOS app.  There's also a corresponding block for Android.

So, for instance, if I want my app to to be a universal app (targets both iphone and ipad), I would normally add this to info.plist, using Apple's UIDeviceFamily key:

<key>UIDeviceFamily</key>

<array>

<string>1</string>

<string>2</string>

</array>

To do the same thing in AIR, I add the following, inside the main application tag:

<iPhone>

<InfoAdditions><![CDATA[

<key>UIDeviceFamily</key>

<array>

<string>1</string>

<string>2</string>

</array>

]]></InfoAdditions>

</iPhone>

This way, you can directly add anything to the resulting IPA's info.plist file you want, and add any permissions/settings that Apple allows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those examples are ones that the publishing settings will do for you. You only have to edit the XML for custom attributes, the fact that you're editing it doesn't mean you have to do all of the things that Flash Pro will do for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool, thanks guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

True, what I posted was a trivial example, meant only to explain the concept. Flash Builder/Flash Pro will take care of some of the work for you (I only know Flash Builder).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines