• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iPhone 5 Optimization Requirement - Launch Image

Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2013 Apr 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tonight, upon completion of uploading my app to iTunes, I received the following message:

Your binary is not optimized for iPhone 5. As of May 1, all new iPhone apps and app updates submitted must support the 4-inch display on iPhone 5. All apps must include a launch image of the appropriate size. Learn more about iPhone 5 support by reviewing the iOS Human Interface Guidelines.

This caught me offguard as I have had an image for the iPhone 5 in the app package for serveral months (Default-568h@2x.png). I am following the guidelines set forth in this article - http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/articles/launch-images-ios.html.

I am using FlashBuilder 4.6 with AIR 3.5. Suggestions on how to resolve this issue?

Thanks, in advance.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Apr 24, 2013 Apr 24, 2013

Hi,

Well, I'm no mvp+++, but I'll give it a try. šŸ˜‰

Under Project > Properties > Flex (or Actionscript) Build Packaging > Apple iOS > Package Contents, does it show the Default-586h@2x.png as checked and included in the package? All the files that get packaged with the build will be listed under Package Contents. There you can check or uncheck what items to include.

If the app runs on your iPhone 5 with the default image and filling the entire screen, then it should upload that way to Apple.

iBren

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
May 04, 2013 May 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It literally has to be 640x1136 (i.e. vertical)? I submitted a horizontal image at 1136x640, which got accepted but I don't know what it looks like as I don't own an iPhone5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 04, 2013 May 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It needs to be 640x1136. If you're doing a landscape app you would take your 1136x640 image and rotate it 90 degrees clockwise, and save that as 640x1136 file. In your app you might then have the original 1136x640 version, if you want to go seamlessly from the Default-568h@2x.png to the original landscape version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2013 May 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to provide a quick update to say that my submission was accepted and reviewed and is now available in the iTunes store.  Thanks again to Colin and sleblang for all the help they provided. 

A recap for anyone searching the thread:
Method of publishing from FlashBuilder4.6 to iPhone5:

- Update AIR SDK if you have an older version (I had 3.1) by downloading the non-compiler zip from Adobe: http://airdownload.adobe.com/air/win/download/latest/AdobeAIRSDK.zip

- Extract the contents of this archive overtop of FlashBuilder's Flex folder located at: Program Files(x86)/Adobe/FlashBuilder4.6/SDKs/4.6.0/

- I also manually included a Default-568h@2x.png in the root directory but I'm not entirely sure if this is neccessary after the AIR 3.7 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2013 May 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all who have participated in this thread... I've been following it while dealing with the same "iPhone 5 Optimization Requirement" error / response when submitting an app.

I have my launch image defined in my main mxmxl document the way I've always done it (using the main mxml file in the projectname/src/default package folder of my flashbuilder 4.6 project.  

question, where I define the splashscreen image (i.e. splashScreenImage="@Embed('views/images..../filename.png").... does that HAVE to use an image with a precise / specific name now?  for maximum compatibility do I have to do 2 versions of this image?  right now Im using an image with an arbitrary name and dimensions of 640x1136 (vertically oriented), and its being rejected still

I see a lot of varying reports on where the default 'image(s)' need to be located (root, etc), can someone elaborate on exactly where they need to be stored?

for now I've removed the splashscreen image alltogether just to get in the review queue but need to ultimately get my arms around this new requirement for iOS publishing.  note: im using FB 4.6/7 on a mac book pro and have already updated to AIR 3.7 successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I understand it (not really understanding mxml too well), the splash screen feature in mxml will show an image of your choice, that can be any size and any name. It has nothing to do with the splash screen that you need to have to avoid being rejected.

In addition to your mxml splash image, do you have the Default-568h@2x.png in the package? That is the one that is shown on iPhone 5, long before your mxml splash image is loaded. If you are claiming iPhone 5 compatibility, and you don't have that image, you will get rejected. And, as of May 1st you have to support iPhone 5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that helps make it a little clearer... I'll make sure I include the Default-568h@2x.png in the package  and assuming its ok, I'll store it in the views/images folder and will see if that gets it through... maybe I better just omit all splashscreens / images alltogether mxml / flashbuilder AND iOS... and consider just using a process whereby I show a specific 'view' / page in my app for a few secconds, then it automatically changes to the main app UI... but for now, just making sure I understand the change iOS requires and can really get the process nailed down is fueling my drive to get my arms around this and overcome it.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have developed and published an iOS app in FlashBuilder 4.6 and the Default-568h@2x.png needs to be in the root directory. As iBrent pointed out, make sure that Under Project > Properties > Flex (or Actionscript) Build Packaging > Apple iOS > Package Contents, it shows the Default-586h@2x.png as checked and included in the package?

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks... for clarification, (based on the fact that Im working in FB 4.6) when you say ROOT folder you mean:
ProjectName / src      or    ProjectName / src / (default package)     or   ProjectName / src / views ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the src directory (see attached)

fb4.6.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2013 May 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recieved the same message from Apple even my App included "Default-568h@2x.png" file.

I was using Flash pro CS6 with Air 3.7.

The probrem was that I had launch images in a another folder.

After I took the launch images files out of the folder and put them to the same directory as the .fla file and publish,

the launch images are recognized.

The status for the  app has changed to Waiting For Review.

now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines