• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iTunes MobileDevice library not found error when 'Install application on the connected iOS....'

Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2013 Sep 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After recently upgrading iTunes to 11.0.5.5 I get the following error...

'iTunes MobileDevice library not found. Please check your iTunes installation'

..when selecting 'Install application on the connected iOS device' from the 'Post Publishing' section under the 'Deployment' tab in the 'AIR for iOS settings' dialog box

This used to work? Any ideas?

For now, I can manually use iTunes to add the file to the device, but this does slow down work flow considerably.

Thanks,

Alan.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

installing version 12.1.3 of iTunes failed to solve the problem for me.  i needed version 12.1.2 to solve the problem:

1) Un-install Apple Application support 32 bit/64 bit, Apple Mobile Device Support, Apple Software Update, and iTunes

2) Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files and delete the Apple folder

3) Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files and delete the Apple folder

4) Go to C:\Users\<your user name>\music\iTunes and delete the .itl file

5) Download and install version 12.1.2 of iTunes: Download Apple iTunes 12.1.2 for Windows 64-bit

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 103 Replies 103
Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2015 Mar 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks! , I had the same error in Flash but installing Itunes for older video cards fixed it.

I did the following: (windows 8)

- Updated Flash CC

- Uninstalled all Apple programs (and Itunes)

- Restarted

- Installed iTunes for older video cards: iTunes 12.1.1 for Windows (64-bit — for older video cards)

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had my issued fixed, but then accidentally updated iTunes again and the same issue returned. Maybe I figured that the latest updates to both Flash and iTunes would have solved the problem but, it hasn't.  So, I thought a "not ok" button was appropriate for this discussion.  Uninstalling Apple stuff (again) and re-installing iTunes for older video cards again.

Screenshot 2015-03-09 10.40.58.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be surethat you use Windows AIR SDK and not from Mac. Alert above appearing if you will use AIR SDK for MAC on Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried with AIR 17 BETA and it worked fine. Looks like Adobe fixed the issue. Yay.

Download Adobe AIR 17 Beta - Adobe Labs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I had to do one more step. The adt devices command worked with Air 17 Beta but when I went to install my ipa (built with Air 16 release) I got this  package error:

D:\projects\flash\TwistedTweetsLoader\dist\paid\itunes_dev

>adt -installApp -platform ios -package TwistedTweets.ipa

Installation Error: PackageInspectionFailed.

So... I had to rebuild my ipa with 17 and then it worked. It installed and ran fine. No need to do anything with my latest iTunes install on my Windows 7 box. The error "iTunes MobileDevice library not found.Please check your iTunes installation." went away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 10, 2015 Mar 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got it to work as well, with the latest AIR 17 and an updated Flash Professional CC, but I had to launch and close itunes once before the error went away. (Oh, and I also switched to AIR 16, then back to AIR 17, which may have changed some crucial settings as well.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 17, 2015 Mar 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, this issue is amazingly still a problem. I have done everything suggested in this thread so far, trying iTunes 11.4, 12.1 for older video cards etc. I've deleted and uninstalled all Apple stuff before each reinstall including the two folders in Common, I have reinstalled Flash CC and I have updated to AIR 17.0.0.123. Still just getting that error.

Did anyone happen to come upon any new solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 17, 2015 Mar 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there is more going on here than "iTunes is to blame". I cannot deploy directly via USB to Android devices either, so probably something higher level is wrong in the system that attempts to deploy builds via USB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 19, 2015 Mar 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but I still have that problem too. Thought I had it fixed with the last updates, but I still get the error. Luckily I can still install apps directly via itunes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2015 Mar 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey guys,

had the same problem, so i installed the itunes version for older video cards about 3 weeks ago, everything was fine until today, and it stopped working, weird ...

after 10x uninstall and reinstall iTunes and clean common files etc ... i tried to reinstall the classic x64 version and .... OH MY working now

i'm running W7x64 with Flash Builder Premium 4.7, installed itunes at default location : C:/Program Files/ ... (NO x86)

cheers, hope it'll help some of you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 21, 2015 Mar 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has done some changes in Air 17 according to this release note: Release Notes | Flash Player® 17 AIR® 17

The latest AIR SDK now requires iTunes 12.1.0.71 or higher, which corresponds with you're experience.

I still have issues though, using Flash CC, so there might be a difference there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2015 Mar 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting the issue.

Flash Pro team is investigating the issue "iTunes MoibleDevice library not found..."

AIR 16 will only work with older iTunes version. e.g : 12.0.1.26. If you want to use AIR SDK 16 or below, you must install the older version of iTunes and If you want to use AIR SDK 17, newer version of iTunes needs to be installed.

Let us know if you have more queries on same.

Regards,

Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 19, 2015 Apr 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shweta B, any words from the Flash Pro Team yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2015 Apr 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This issue with a fix is expected in the next Flash Pro release.

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 20, 2015 Apr 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds great, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2015 Apr 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found an alternative solution. We're using Flash Builder with an older AIR SDK for iOS, and since iTunes updated I couldn't detect iOS devices. What fixed it for me was to copy the iOSBin folder ( {sdk root folder}/lib/aot/bin/iOSBin ) from AIR SDK 17 into my installed AIR SDK folder ( {Flash Builder install folder}/eclipse/plugins/com.adobe.flash.compiler_#.#.#.######/AIRSDK/lib/aot/bin/ ) overriding what was there. I didn't even have to restart Flash Builder for it to detect the iPhone.

So if you're (like us) stuck using an older SDK with iOS, this could solve the problem if it comes up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2015 Apr 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I've read all the comments tried all variants described in topic( for old cards version, path, deleting all apple apps and folders etc.)

So my system is:

windows 7 64-bit

adobe flash cc 13.0.0.759

air sdk 17.0.0.138

Error still occurs. Any ideas ?I am getting desperate....As somehow I've also started having trouble with testfairy installs on some devices.... failing to install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 06, 2015 Apr 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Shweta B mentioned above, the Flash Pro team is investigating the issue. It seems to be fixed for Flash Builder but not for Flash CC yet. Are you able to install directly on itunes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can install using iTunes or iFunBox as well. I suggest exactly iFunBox because it's don't require re-sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For now I installed newest version of itunes and iFunBox and it works perfectly. But I still hope the issue will be fixed anyway. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2015 Apr 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally I managed to make it work ! I had this problem for all versions or AIR17 SDK and I tried everything (different versions of iTunes, for older cards, etc.) but nothing worked. Until I managed to see that the problem came from the file {AIRSDK}/lib/aot/bin/iOSBin/iIPA.exe (and I see just now that ArmoredPigeon already spoked of this folder 4 days ago -_-)

So after a lot of tries, here's the combination that worked for me :

- Completely uninstall iTunes and all Apple components on the computer (especially Apple Mobile Device Support)

- Restart the computer, don't open Flash Pro

- Download and install iTunes for older video cards (iTunes 12.1.1 for Windows (64-bit — for older video cards))

- Download the latest AIR 17 Beta SDK (build 138), and unzip it

- Go to {Flash CC Installation Folder]/{AIR 16 SDK}/lib/aot/bin/iOSBin and copy the file 'iIPA.exe' (note : for me the AIR 16 SDK it the one installed when you install the latest version of Flash CC)

- Go to {AIR 17 SDK}/lib/aot/bin/iOSBin and replace the existing iIPA.exe with the one from the AIR16 SDK

- Open Flash Pro CC and add the AIR 17 SDK via Help/Manage AIR SDK..

And that should work ! But I still wait an official fix 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2015 Apr 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Julien26, your solution works for me!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2015 Apr 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesnt work for me in Flash CC but command line works

adt -installApp -platform ios -package test.ipa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 04, 2015 May 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem. I even did a reinstall of iTunes but I still have the same problem.

Windows 7 64-bit

Flash CC

iTunes 12.1.2.27

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2015 May 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is definitely SDK problem, nothing to do with iTunes, I am experiencing this with AIR SDK 17 and 18 beta as well. However, IT DOES NOT HAPPEN with AIR SDK 16 on the same machine!.

So to get it working on air 17/18 I simply copied {{AIR 16 SDK}}/lib/aot/bin/iOSBin folder content into my 18 and 17 sdk folder into same location, overwriting the original files. And voila! The error dissapears, and now suddenly iOS devices are recognised and everything works as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines