• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

list of touch points for android tablets?

Participant ,
May 19, 2011 May 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know of a list of which tablets support over 10 touchpoints?

I have an app that requires 10 touchpoints and I am looking at which ones to exclude on the android lists

so far i only managed to find that the Asus Eee Pad Transformer supports 10

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 19, 2011 May 19, 2011

Take a look at this page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Android_devices

Of that very long list of devices, only ten support multi-touch at all, and only three of those are tablets. I tracked down info on those, and all three do support 10 touch points.

So, if you put the app into the Android Marketplace, and you can set that the requirements are that the device is a tablet and it has multi-touch, you ought to be ok. But I wouldn't do that if I were you! Instead, just make it for iPad,

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at this page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Android_devices

Of that very long list of devices, only ten support multi-touch at all, and only three of those are tablets. I tracked down info on those, and all three do support 10 touch points.

So, if you put the app into the Android Marketplace, and you can set that the requirements are that the device is a tablet and it has multi-touch, you ought to be ok. But I wouldn't do that if I were you! Instead, just make it for iPad, and in the time it would take to worry about dealing with all the Android devices that don't quite work, you could have programmed another few apps, that perhaps use less fingers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks colin so i know the xoom and the asus transformer are- whats the third one? i couldn't see it on that list

i think you are right though ipad seems to be the way forward with multi touch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first one on the list is the Acer Iconia A500. It's a similar spec to the other two, though it does have a better front camera. I have one, so when you get that far I'll be able to try your APK files and let you know for sure that there are ten touch points.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that would be grand, if you give me your email could i just send you the apk file? It is on the android store but i don't think you can give promo codes like apple can you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2011 May 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colin Holgate wrote:

Instead, just make it for iPad, and in the time it would take to worry about dealing with all the Android devices that don't quite work, you could have programmed another few apps, that perhaps use less fingers.

Do you all think that this is the reason Apple has so many more apps than the Android market?  what could be done to change this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 20, 2011 May 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think that the Android world is different to the App Store world. With Apple you have one account, for iTunes usually, and it's just incredibly easy to impulse buy an App using the same account. I have an Android tablet too now, but haven't yet set up an account to buy things. So I've only downloaded free things.

Another factor is that Apple have some ownership of multi-touch, and initially a lot of devices didn't have multi-touch. I only know of those ten devices, and only a few are tablets.

But, good apps don't have to use multi-touch. There are a lot of other neat things you can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines