Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac distribution

Contributor ,
Aug 08, 2013 Aug 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'd like to distribute PC & Mac versions of my mobile apps, but I can't seem to publish a reliable file for Mac. The .air only works if people take the initiative to go and download AIR themselves first. Unlike the PC version, it doesn't seem to prompt the user (and the "embedded runime" .app file doesn't work).

Meanwhile, the "Mac projector" option doesn't work at all because I have too many AIR-related features that do not survive intact.

How are other people publishing AIR projects to Mac?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 09, 2013 Aug 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

and the "embedded runime" .app file doesn't work

Using the captive runtime and bundling as a .app is the way to go in my opinion. Sounds like something isn't quite right with your build procedures.

What IDE and AIR SDK version are you using?

Simply doing "Export Release Build..." and following the wizard should build a fully functional self-contained .app for Mac OS X.

In addtion that same .app can be optionally post-processed to be codesigned and sold on the Mac App Store:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5407072#5407072

or even codesigned for non MAS use

(but these are completely optional and extra from just getting a working .app with captive runtime)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines