• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing another option for device orientation

Explorer ,
May 10, 2011 May 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, I asked this and some other had the same issues, but I couldn't find any hint if it is already being solved by anyone.

I think the developers of the packager forgot that there is more than one view for landscape and portrait view.

I think if you select landscape and autorotation the app should JUST show both landscape views.

If you select automatic ratio it should turn on every side, but just than.

What happens instead?

You can just select an app should show on one side view or it will be firing events on all turns and we have to change the events manually within the app.

What am I asking?

Is there any combination that works with having to code and/or is there any version that really is so fast that a rotation just doesn't happen to the orientation you don't want to show?

This is so easy within Xcode and I think it would be easy to provide within Flash/Flex (but I guess someone wasn't thinking about it)...

It would be great if that would be a feature of AIR 2.7 since it is one of the major downsides from my point of view (ok, being able to show native alerts would be the other thing that might not be to hard to implement and would help a lot)...

Regards,

Josh

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that it would be nice, and other tools, such as LiveCode, do have a publishing setting where you can selectively enable any combination of orientations. For now you have to do it with code. See my answer in this thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3659152#3659152

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Colin,

I have been going through this a while ago and I used to make it the way you are saying there, but (!) it just doesn't work the way a native app works.

I have a landscape app and on rotating the device it switches to the different instances (though for a short time) scales up and switches back to the right view.

It helps to feature both landscape views, but it just doesn't look good.

I had just another look at the possible combinations in the new Flash 5.5 version and I really think they are fine, but they just doesn't work...

Automatic ratio should change to all four views.

Fixed ratio (landscape or portrait) should make no change.

Fixed ratio AND automatic orientation should just show you selected view, for example landscape, and change just to the other landscape view if the device is rotated 180 degrees.

Instead everything is mixed up and usually every view is supported which makes no sense to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines