• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New review API iOS

Participant ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone knows if would it be possible to access from AIR toteh new iOS 11 review in App API? if, yes, when woud it be avilabe?

thanks

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running iOS 11, and my AIR apps are working, though Apple did warn that some apps will no longer work. I'm expecting to have to republish some apps using a later version of AIR.

Is there a particular app you want to test in iOS 11?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I guess my app will work with iOS11, hope to...

the thing is I'd like to use the new iOS Review API and was wondering if AIR would be compatible with this new wonder!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using it in our AIR apps already. Works great so far.

air native extensions // https://airnativeextensions.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 16, 2017 Sep 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But isn't it necessary to have a more recent version of the iOS SDK embedded in AIR? For example, I use the Milkman Ratebox extension, which already implements new in-app review schemes. But you have to get the 10.3 version of the iOS SDK, and use the -platform-sdk switch to be able to compile with those new features.

As a Windows user, getting and copying the SDK is a pain. Adobe, could you please update the iOS SDK version in AIR to 10.3? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

new iOS 11 review in App API

They are asking about the new StoreKit API additions in iOS 11 which allow Apple's in-app review requests to users.

It is more than likely you or someone will need to implement a simple ANE to trigger this. I doubt this would be high on Adobe's radar to add this within AIR itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That link doesn't work for me. And I can't find that extension on GitHub. But this link works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, yes I've posted a direct link to wiki which is open only to subscribers of the ANE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah the Review Controller is available with our Application Rater ANE. We've implemented it in a few of our apps and it's working well.

Note there are some changes to the Apple review guidelines with iOS 11 that look like they may reject applications using the old "AppStore link" method, so we are highly recommending people consider moving to the new review controller before September / October.

The ANE is available here: https://airnativeextensions.com/extension/com.distriqt.ApplicationRater

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, so your ANE will work with this ?

SKStoreReviewController - StoreKit | Apple Developer Documentation

OK, so it was implemented in 10.3, I though it was new in iOS 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

cocoua​ Yes the ApplicationRater ANE implements the StoreReviewController.

air native extensions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested an iOS app with a pop-up that enabled me to rate and review, with no need to leave the app (search the App Store for "McPanda: Superpilot" if you'd like to test it).

This was on iOS 10.

Anyone knows how that's done?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the Review Controller that we are talking about above it's an In-App UI that allows rating and review. It's part of the iOS 10.3 SDK.

ApplicationRater by distriqt

request_review.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aaah, great, thanks!

My bad; I just read the part on this page ApplicationRater by distriqt that says "When the user agrees to rate your application they are taken to your applications page in the store.". Totally missed the part about the Review Controller.

I've already bought the ane, so I'll go ahead and test it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah the review controller is a new addition for iOS 10.3 so the other references are still applicable for Android and other iOS versions.

Let me know if you run into any issues!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines