• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No more shared run time on Android?

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's going on with Android? The Adobe air app is no longer available?  This is a problem for my app for reasons I can't figure out.  If I publish my app requiring the user to have the Adobe air app the app runs fine.  If I publish with the run time included the app crashes.  Not sure how to move forward.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a small test file you could put online somewhere, that still shows the problem and that we can try?

The shared AIR runtime was removed from Google Play a couple of months ago, you will have to find a way to embed the runtime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's normal see release notes for AIR 28
Release Notes Flash Player 28 AIR 28

eg.

Android AIR Runtime Play Store Availability

Adobe will be unpublishing the shared AIR Runtime from the Google Play Store for all devices running Android 4.0 or below on March 13th, 2018.  AIR applications that require the shared runtime will not be able to be able to access the required download from the Play Store from these older systems.  We recommend impacted developers convert and republish their applications to use the captive runtimebefore March 13th.

so yeah since then you can only publish captive runtime on Android

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thank you for reporting the issue. Shared runtime applications are no more supported, please republish your application as a captive application. If the application crashes only when published as captive, please log a bug at Tracker with a sample code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines