Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PackageExtractionFailed on iOS... again

Engaged ,
Jan 31, 2014 Jan 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When using AIr 4.0.0.1619, I get again the "PackageExtractionFailed" when installing my iOS builds through command line. Till then, I was getting this error from time to time, but it was disappearing eventually, generally by deleting the app manually on the device. But now, I get the error all the time on my various devices, with different targets. It seems that ipa-debug-interpreter curiously works though, but all the other targets (interpreter, adhoc or appstore) generate this error when installing with the ADT command.

I updated my iTunes to the latest version, just in case, but no success.

Right now, I found a workaround by using the iFunBox application, but of course, working with ADT would be much handier.

May it be due to the update of the new Apple SDK files?

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you!

Frédéric

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2014 Jan 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Frederic,

Thank you for the heads up.  I've forwarded this along to the mobile team for their review.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 03, 2014 Feb 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Frederic,

I did tried installing the app through adt and it is successfully getting installed with both mac and wiondows sdk ver. 4.0.0.1619 . Below are few questions:

1) Did you tried installing the same app with any other version of sdk ?

2) What is the iOs version of device on which you are trying to install the app ?

3) Could you please share the command you are using .

Thanks,

Ankit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 03, 2014 Feb 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi amanglic,

1) Yes, I just switched back to AIR 3.9.0.1380, and it works fine. I'm pretty sure earlier AIR 4 betas were working fine too (but I overwrote them now with latest version). Now switched back again to AIR 4.0.0.1619, and the issue occurs. So it is quite systematic.

2) iPod 4(iOS 6.0.1), iPhone 3GS (iOS 5.1.1) and iPhone 4S (iOS 7.0.3)

3) To build:

call adt -package -target ipa-test-interpreter -keystore "keys\Certificates.p12" -storetype pkcs12 -storepass XXXX -provisioning-profile "keys\WYBWTH_Dev.mobileprovision" application.ipa application.xml WYBWTH.swf icons\iOS Default.png Assets Local -extdir ..\..\..\Libs\extensions

To install:

call adt -installApp -platform ios -package application.ipa

Thank you!

Edit: As said earlier, compiling with ipa-debug-interpreter works even with latest AIR 4 version. All other targets I tested generated the PackageExtractionFailed error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 06, 2014 Feb 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Frederic,

I did tried with few apps but still unable to reproduce the issue. If its' possible, could you plesase share your ipa .

Thanks,

Ankit

email-id : anmangli@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 06, 2014 Feb 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ankit for your continued support. I will send you a private email with a link to the IPA.

Cheers!

Frédéric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2014 May 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am repeatedly getting this error with my App. It will work one time out of maybe... 10 or 15 tries after deleting the IPA, repackaging and trying over and over again. I have tried using different targets too... ipa-test, ipa-debug, ipa-ad-hoc... what is going on here??? Was using AIR 13.0.0.83 and experienced these issues. Upgraded to 13.0.0.111 hoping it would be resolved but no, issue persists. Please advise ASAP, 6 hours wasted so far on this today. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2014 May 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have gotten this error....about 1/3 of the time.  I only use ad-hoc builds to test the file on an IPad.

I have the .xml file open in flash cs6 when trying to publish.  I also make sure the wifi of the IPad is turned OFF.  I also make sure the file has been previously deleted from the IPAD (if it was already installed).

If I do get the package extraction error, I then take the .IPA file that was published and transfer it to ITUNES.  I then install using ITUNES and re-syncing the IPAD with the files in my ITUNES library on my computer (Windows). 

This has always worked for me, but it takes a long time to publish the IPA file with an AD-HOC build (about 15 to 18 minutes). 

Justin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2014 May 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Justin_as3_rules , that's what I ended up doing, what I used to do before Flash had the capability to install directly from the publish settings, and it works fine.

It's just making an already inefficient workflow even more inefficient. Since Flash (CS6) doesn't create the "externalStrippedSwfs" directory (as per the Adobe support docs), I have to create the SWF in Flash, then go to ADT to package and strip the external SWFs then go to iTunes to install the App. Such a headache when all of this should be possible without even leaving Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 08, 2015 Oct 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines