• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Packager turn fla into movie--- PLEASE HELP ME

New Here ,
May 30, 2011 May 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have experience with cs5 packager?

I am having an error after the packager compiles the .fla file to ipa.

The file is playing like a movie and not like a game. The file just starts and then starts playing fast like a movie skipping the levels over and over. Do you know what our error is.

Please help as it has taking me so long to make this game and know I can not get it to work on iphone.

I will be very greatfull

Thank you all

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you describe is what happens if there is a script error in your FLA. Look for any compiler errors, or things being trace in the output window when you do a test movie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colin thank you heaps for geting back to me. The compiler shows no errors in it,thats what is making it hard.

The whole game is like in fast forward movie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The next three things to try:

Test it as a Flash Player 10 swf. Does that work? If it doesn't, fix whatever is wrong before going back to iOS.

If it does work, go into ActionScript settings and make sure that Strict mode is turned on, and see if that shows more compiler errors.

If it doesn't show any errors, try doing a debug build, and remote debug the app while it's running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2011 May 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin

Thank you for your great advice.

The bad news is that I am still no further on,It stills shows no errors.

Do I need lots and lots of ram do you think.I can manage to get very small fla to convert to ios but my game has 30 levels and is around 4mb

If you have any services on your site for fixing things like this could you please pm me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Flex or Flash pro CS5?

You should be able to still test the movie *before* packaging it.  When you test it does it work correctly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested it before and I get zero errors,Plays great on flash player.

Im using Flash pro CS5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Next thing then is to do a debug build. Once you have that installed on the iPhone you select Debug/Begin Remote Debug Session in Flash (while the FLA is open), then open the app, and type in the IP address of your computer. Any traces you have will show in the output window in Flash, and any errors will show where in the script the error occurred.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2011 Jun 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colin I still get no errors.

Maybe it my pc

What spec pc do you recommoned for compiling?

Feel like banging it off the wall

Thank you for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you manage to connect to the device with remote debugging? If you did, you can set a break point in the first part of your code, and at least see if it gets that far.

I use my Mac to make apps, so I'm not sure what PC you should use. It should really matter what kind it is, the compiling is the same. If you intend to upload the app to the App Store one day you may need to use a Mac for that, so perhaps it's worth trying to do the publish on a Mac, see if that fixes things for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Colin

Heres the funny thing, I have tried to compile it with cs5 on the mac, same result. It take like 10 - 20 minutes to compile to an ipa file for a 4mb fla.Is this a normal time?

Thanks heaps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somewhat the script making the trouble, Is it possible to post your code?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2011 Jun 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So guys after hours and hours of trying to find my probs the following error has come up

, Line 1     5000: The class 'shapes.Box' must subclass 'flash.display.MovieClip' since it is linked to a library symbol of that type.

Is this the error that is causing the problum

What do you guys think?

Thank you all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 05, 2011 Jun 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2020467

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines