• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Performance Improvements for Desktop AIR?

Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any word from Adobe about whether or not they plan to make performance improvements to the Desktop version of AIR?
AIR on mobile has two features I desperately need when publishing Flash games on Steam: Stage quality and/or GPU render mode for bitmaps.

Both of these features have a lot of votes on Adobe Tracker/Bugbase, but are marked as not a priority and there's been no comment from Adobe for months:

https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/AIR-4123650Tracker
Tracker

Without these features I'm considering finally ditching Flash and moving to Unity. There's no point in me developing on a platform that isn't supported, and many ex-Flash devs I've spoken to feel the same way.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also wrote a blog post that goes into a lot more detail about my specific situation, if anyone is interested: Mid-Project Crisis | Kupo Games

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed! I'm developing a AIR game for Steam with heavy usage of the display list. Simpily being able to change quality settings in AIR would be so amazingly helpful - How is it NOT supported? Why is stage quality settings only available to Mobile and Flash Player ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update: I think I’ve found a solution to my problem. With the help of HTMLLoader and LocalConnection, I can get Flashplayer running inside AIR, and I can get the best of both (AIR features AND stage quality from Flashplayer). This is a reasonable work-around I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines