• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

preloading

Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2011 Jun 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i want to make a preloader screen for my app but since it is already on the phone how can i detect when it is initialized?

atm i see like 2-3 seconds of black screen when i run it.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put the Default.png splash screen in, and that will show up immediately, and will stay there while the main app loads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

isnt that only for iOS and not for Android? if not where exactly do you put that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

isnt that only for iOS and not for Android? if not where exactly do you put that?

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/as3/iphone/WS789ea67d3e73a8b2-48bca492124b39ac5e2-7fff.html

"Default.png" is iOS only and supported by Flash CS  5.5 authoring tools

note: Android SDK has no "splash" image feature at all as of 3.1 API version. One could build custom "preloading" view to be shown on screen on application startup. There is similar concept in sparks mobile SplashScreen I think, see:

http://opensource.adobe.com/wiki/display/flexsdk/Mobile+Splash+Screen

regards,

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter Blazejewicz wrote:

One could build custom "preloading" view to be shown on screen on application startup. There is similar concept in sparks mobile SplashScreen I think, see:

http://opensource.adobe.com/wiki/display/flexsdk/Mobile+Splash+Screen

so it is only available for flex?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 02, 2011 Jun 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

so it is only available for flex?

Yes, in Flex SDK to be strict - mobile profile (mobile components needs to be in build path). See more on subject:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flex/mobileapps/WSa122979b4619725672e48c412a3e152164-8000.html

regards,
Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok so if there is no way to do this with just an as3 can i make a wrapper with flex and embed my as3 air for android app?

if this can be done can anyone write a simple example since i am very very new to flex

Message was edited by: Joporo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here have a quick view on creating splash images and icons for Iphone including retina display:

http://kaiengelhardt.com/2011/04/13/iphoneipad-tutorial-app-icons-and-splashscreens-with-retina-support/

There is no splash screen method for Android, but you can create your own preloader in flash with AS3.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have a preloader but it only works if you download the application and as you know it is already on the phone so it is not working...

i need something that shows a splash or something while the assets are loading into  the momory and i guess this is not possible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joporo wrote:

i have a preloader but it only works if you download the application and as you know it is already on the phone so it is not working...

i need something that shows a splash or something while the assets are loading into  the momory and i guess this is not possible

I have it working with as3 using Flash IDE.

I did this:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/764981

Also, in the export settings there is an area to add files to be packaged with the apk. So you do not have to remotly download the swf.

In the "preloader swf" export settings you can add your main file ... yourMainApp.swf

then you can load it up local.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey,

i tried that but never managed to get it working can you share a sample code how you did it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sure but you might have to give me a day or 2 to get home where my cpu is.

(if i try to write it now without a way to test i'm sure i'll mess it up)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

well i tried it again as described and it worked. there is still a 2-3 second black screen but it is much better then the one before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines