• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem installing Adhoc version to iPhone and iPad - Development Environment - Adobe Flash CS6

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2014 Oct 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have successfully submitted 2 versions of the application. There are 2 different versions for iPad and iPhone separately. These were developed using Adobe Flash CS6 and AIR SDK - 4.0.0.1628. The category is Lifestyle and app is free.

Now I wanted to add new feature of push notification to both iPad and iPhone versions. I have successfully tested the development version with development profiles and certificates over iPad and iPhone.

Before submitting the app to Appstore I was trying to test the Adhoc version with production environment and profiles but application was not installing to the iPad, it is the same iPad that is used for development. But after searching forums and other help Adhoc version was not installed to iPad the solutions that were tried are as under:

1. Create new certificates and profile for Adhoc

2. Change Entitlement tags in Application xml file

3. Remove existing profiles from iPad to avoid error.

4. Update OS version of iPad to 8.1

But once I try to last point -  [4] even development version is not installing. Because there are no provision profiles installed.

Can you please help/guide me how to fix it? I need to test both development and Adhoc versions on the iPad and iPhone.

Some more information -->>

// Development Entitlement key - it is working fine with development environment

<Entitlements><![CDATA[

<key>aps-environment</key>

<string>production</string>

]]></Entitlements>

//Adhoc Entitlement key - it is not working application does not gets installed, icon turns dark and keeps saying installing once you hit the App icon. I am trying to install app using iTunes, after publishsing in Flash CS6 for Adhoc.

<Entitlements><![CDATA[

<key>get-task-allow</key>

<false/>

<key>aps-environment</key>

<string>production</string>

]]></Entitlements>

// If I try installing using install application to connected device after publishing then the error is:

Device Error: Please check if there is enough space on the device.

But I have enough space on iPhone that I am testing. Remember development version is installing successfully and working fine for notifications.

Thanks

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2014 Oct 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one has idea about this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 27, 2014 Oct 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember it was a struggle to get it working for myself. You use both the app certificate and the push certificate for production when bundling? Also there is no support for iOS 8 in Air 4, but I am not sure if that results in an error while installing. Try latest Air SDK to be sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

poltergeist_

Thanks for replying, there is no response for this question from anywhere.

1. Yes I have used production certificates and profile. Even tried uploading the build to testflight but from there the error is "problem downloading application this time" and I kept hitting retry but did not worked. App icon turns dark and keeps saying installing...

2. Let me try with latest AIR SDK - 15.0.0.302 - then I will try with testflight and iTunes again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

poltergeist_

It is not installing even with latest SDK and I also tried generating profile again and published the app again but not working. Development version is working fine. I don't know what is the reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It took more than 7-8 day to figure out. There was a confusion between p12 certificates, I changed the certificate to the one for push notification, but the push notification one is only required to generate pem file, for signing app it is not required. Just changed the certificate to the last certificate that was used to publish for production and app got installed. The solution came up when I tried to upload the build using application loader and there was an error for the certificate signing. It is solved relaxed

But game is not over yet one more error came now it says publish app with latest version of Xcode, I am building it with Flash and it say about Xcode. Hopefully this gets resolved soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea on this:

ERROR ITMS-9000: "Invalid Segment Alignment. This app does not have proper segment alignment and should be rebuilt with the latest version of Xcode. Please contact Developer Technical Support if you need further assistance."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As poltergeist_ mentioned above iOS 8 does not support apps build with AIR 4. You need to build your app with the latest version of AIR to be able to run it on iOS 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2014 Oct 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing SDK to 15.0.0.302 solved the problem, app successfully submitted to appstore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea how to install app on iPad with iOs 8.1 using Flash CS6? Even latest AIR SDK is not able to install the app the reason that looks like is, when you check iPad Settings->General -> there is no option to view profiles installed, it mean new version of iOs does not allow to install provisioning profiles, so apps can not be installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not been able to build to my iPad for a while, though I haven't yet tried with build 349. I use Xcode to put apps onto it for testing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried testflight and it installed profile to iPad now development version is installing on ipad even through iTune, but still not successful direct from Flash CS6. The problem is with installing profile on iOs 8.1, testflight did it and app is installing now. I am using Flash CS6 and SDK 15.0.0.302

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines