• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Bundle is invalid" in iTunes Connect using latest AIR SDK 20

Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Compiling with the latest AIR SDK (20.0.0.215) I get a "This build is invalid" error in iTunes Connect. Any idea?

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2016 Mar 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ESP68‌,

Do you see orientation issue with iOS 7 with SDK 21?

If yes please please help me with a sample.

-Roshan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2016 Mar 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roshan,

The screen rotation issue is only present on iOS7, and only with SDK 20.

It is fixed in SDK 21 which is great.

But, SDK 21 is kind of useless right now since we can't use it to compile our iOS app on Windows.

We only have access to Windows machines here.

So we`re basically kind of screwed right now, until SDK 21 lets us compile on Windows to submit to the Apple App Store.

Can you give us an ETA on when this will be fixed.

An ETA is very important since we'll then be able to decide if we can wait for Adobe to fix it, or if we have to somehow find a Mac machine to compile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 21, 2016 Mar 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ESP68,

I ran into the same issues with submitting the app store. Fortunately for me, I have a cheap Mac mini that I was able to use instead. Have you considered using something like http://www.macincloud.com/? I have never used it before myself, but it could be a cheap solution to your problem.

What I ended up doing was downloading the mac SDK. I then started a release build on my windows machine, but didn't finish it. This made the bin-release-temp folder with all the files needed to package the app. I transferred the project over to the mac, and used it to package the app for iOS with ADB from the command line. I was then able to submit the packaged app, and it was accepted in iTunes Connect. The whole fix only took a few hours to get working, so if you use a pay-as-you-go service like http://www.macincloud.com/, it should be fairly cheap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin, thanks for your reply, this is very useful and constructive information.

So if I'm getting this right, you're telling me that if I do get my hands on a Mac machine, I could still compile on Windows and only package on the Mac, which would save me the hassle of having to reinstall my IDE and development environment on the MAC.

If this is right, you might have just saved me a lot of trouble.

So did you use the MAC version of the AIR SDK on your Windows machine to compile? That worked?

And when you say you didn't finish the build on Windows, what do you mean by that?

Did the release build process crash, or aborted?

And can you give me more info about that command line you used on the mac with ADB?

Thank you Colin, I'm very interested in hearing you on this one...

You're a life saver!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ESP68,

Sorry that I wasn't more clear. I use FlashBuilder 4.7 for development. I'm not sure if you are using the same, but you can solve this issue without needing an IDE on a Mac. I went through my normal development process on my Windows machine, with the Windows (NOT Mac) version of Adobe AIR. In Flash Builder, there is a process for creating a release build. When you start the process, it creates a folder with your app SWF, app.xml, and any required assets. The second part of the process packages those files into an IPA. Since the packaging is broken on Windows, I simply started the release process so it created the SWF and other necessary files for packaging, then moved the entire project over to the Mac. Using the Mac Terminal (command line) app, I then used ADT (included with AIR SDK) to package the app. Your project will be different obviously, but it should look something like the following:

adt -package -target ipa-app-store -provisioning-profile <path/to/profile> -storetype pkcs12 -keystore <path/to/certificate> -storepass <yourPassword> MyApp.ipa MyApp-app.xml MyApp.swf -extdir ../lib

If you have never packaged your app from the command line before, you can do it on windows first to make sure the command is correct, then tweak the paths for the Mac. If everything works as expected, all you should really need to do with the Mac is install the AIR SDK, copy over your files, then package your app.

I hope this helps clarify. Let me know if you need any more help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! That is new information to me!

I'll have to try this out as soon as I can get my hands on a mac.

I'll keep you guys posted as this can be useful to others looking at this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ESP68‌,

Have you tried SDK 20.204 ? It does not have Windows issue you mentioned above.

-Roshan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 05, 2016 Jan 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still occurring with AIR 20.0.0.233.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2016 Jan 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Is there any workaround for Windows? I really don't want to do this on Mac...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2016 Jan 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do we do on Windows? Like ClaytonW I have the same Problem and don't have a Mac available

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2016 Jan 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do we do on Windows?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AIR 18 IPA builds, uploaded without ERRORS, but i need AIR 20 because iPad PRO supported...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also looking for a solution to this "build is invalid" issue when building on Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same problem on windows...

Dear Adobe, сritical problems in AIR SDK are too often lately...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2016 Feb 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last SDK build, which can be used to iTunes publishing, is 20.0.0.185.

Where i can download it?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2016 Feb 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any answers for windows customers?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2016 Feb 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2016 Feb 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this issue fixed with the new AIR 21 beta?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2016 Feb 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2016 Feb 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will this issue be fixed? Can anyone from Adobe let us know?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why not uses the 21.0.0.128? just 2 days ago I published in iTunes and Google play my app with a lot of ANE and complex code... all fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you don't want to use latest beta, use latest stable 20.0.0.233... 3 weeks ago I used for previous versions of same app published 2 days ago and result was perfect in both platforms... no errors, no bugs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh, sorry... are using windows to compile?... purchase a iMac!... is the definitive solution for app developers... really... I was a windows user too much time and finally saw the light... publishing hard-complex apps with more than 12 ANE, 30,000 lines code, etc... in 40 seconds IPA/APK built... never errors with SDK

Think about it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've compiled with Adobe AIR 21 beta on a Mac and everything worked just fine. I managed to submit the app for review.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will this issue be fixed (WINDOWS AIR SDK)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest SDK BUILD 21.0.0.128 still has this critical issue!!!

BUT! Release notes say to us:

Снимок.PNG

HEY!!! ANYONE HERE?! WE CAN'T UPDATE iOS BUILD FROM DECEMBER!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines