Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Installation file is damaged" when installing an AIR supported app

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Sorry an error has occurred.

The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author."

This is the message I get every time I try to install an AIR supported app.

In the log files, I see "Got an unexpected fatal error while unpackaging: [ErrorEvent type="error" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="invalid package signature" errorID=5022]"

The app is a bit old (2012 i think). I have the latest version of Adobe AIR as of this writing (downloaded, and installed today), system time is correct, and the .air file is being run from my local hard drive.

Anything I can do short of setting my clock to an earlier date, or completely reinstalling Windows?

I see this as a common issue with many threads. The only work arounds/solutions I've seen don't seem to work, or involve changing my date, or reinstalling windows.

OS = Windows 10 Pro 64-bit on a high end gaming PC.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Hi,

This is a known issue. Could you change the date to any date before 30th Oct and try installing the app and see if it works for you? We are seeing some certificate issues with older apps.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem on Windows 10, same message from Adobe Air, not computer literate, how do I get these programmes to work, have a lot of them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if it will work for you but I have now successfully installed Docraft digital designer program.

I went to the program website once again in desperation as like you I have quite a few discs that only work with this and I noticed that the adobe air download button had been removed and I had a message informing me that Adobe air 1.3.1 was in use, to cut it short I tried to download the designer program as before and success at last.

I am a very happy lady now also my friend who has been able to also download hers, (she uses Windows 10) we are late 70's/80-year-olds with only a little knowledge of computers.

Hopefully, if you try again you may also have success, good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thank you for this, are you on a MAC or another type of pc, I have just tried again to install and no joy will call Docraft tomorrow.

regards

Janine

-

Original Message----

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Janine, I am using a MAC but my friend is using Windows 10 have you tried removing Adobe air and then downloading the updated version before trying to install the Digital designer?

My friend & I have both contacted DoCraft but they don't support this program anymore so they couldn't help us. I can only suggest like my friend and myself just keep trying to install this from the Docraft digital website we have been trying since before the end of 2017.

Good luck, let me know how you get on.

Barbara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Did you try following the below mentioned instructions:

1. Go to /Applications/Utilities

2. While holding the “command” key,  double click on the Adobe AIR Application Installer.  Do not take your finger off the “command” key until you see the window open up.

3. Select and open the AIR application to be installed.

The Adobe AIR Application should be installed successfully.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have a pc not a mac so these instructions do not help. Please can anyone help with this problem on a pc..

regards

Janine

-

Original Message----

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi janineharrison​,

If by PC you meant Windows OS, have you tried the following steps:

1. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0

2. While holding the “Ctrl” key,  select the Adobe AIR Application Installer.exe -> Right click on it -> Run as Administrator. Do not take your finger off the “ctrl” key until you see the window open up.

3. Select and open the AIR application to be installed.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

Tried this still does not work, feeling very frustrated, hate windows 10 and the problems it brings with connecting with other software.

regards

Janine

-

Original Message----

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dear this is the link of app to repair the installer it is worth of 0.53mb  download it from link link

https://www32.zippyshare.com/v/bCmNEVPy/file.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem to me is that I included in the .air file a video which is 330Mb, and installation fails.

Without a large file .air installs correctly.

No events log in Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain how to change the date on a Mac? I tried clicking on the date in Finder and it won't let me do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Installation file is damaged" when installing an AIR supported app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines