Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Preloading" with a mobile iOS app.

Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2011 May 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couple of questions:

First, for iOS packager, how can I manually set the splash screen (Default.png?) for my app?

Second, how is the concept of preloading different for a packaged iOS app than a flash SWF?

I am used to either having one SWF load another and having some animation play in the meanwhile. Or I use a [Frame(factoryClass="myPreloaderClass")] in my actionscript projects.... my question is, is preloading still necessary when using packaged apps? Will preloaders display/run on packaged iOS apps? What are considered the best practices for this as of release of FB4.5?

Cheers!

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're using Flash, you add it in the General area of the iOS publishing settings. If you're using the command line, just have it as one of your added files.

Preloaders are generally for waiting for a slow Internet connection to download the main file, but with these packages the main file is already there, and so you may not need a fancy preloader at all. Just have the splash screen (which shows even before your app is loaded), then either another copy of that as the first thing in your timeline, or have some other sort of welcome screen or animation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just add your Default.png in the include files section as an attachment, you can also set different pngs for langdscape and portrait. The preloader is an optional one for the ios, because the compilation will package all the attachments as a single ipa, anyway it would be better to use that, it will just show like an flickering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2011 May 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found out the reason my Default.png was not being displayed.

If inside the iPhone infoAdditions the UIDeviceFamily is set to 2 (iPad only) you need to have either a Default-Portrait.png or Default-Landscape.png depending on the value set for <aspectRatio>.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 08, 2011 May 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Always give support for both:

<InfoAdditions><![CDATA[<key>UIDeviceFamily</key><array><string>1</st ring><string>2</string></array>]]></InfoAdditions>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines