• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sound class conflicting with Native Mic Recording iOS

Sep 07, 2013 Sep 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I found out that Adobe Air Sound playing class is conflicting with microphone recording using native extension. The sound classs overrides the Audio Session used in recording extension written in ObjC (ios platform). By default, the extension set audio session to PlayAndRecord.

However after a sound play in AS3, new Sound(), sound.play(); the mic will stop getting any input.

If sound is played via a native extension using AVAudioPlayer, mic and sound play will work perfectly.

We have tried fixes by setting different modes in Adobe Air (after and before a sound play)

SoundMixer.audioPlaybackMode  =  AudioPlaybackMode.AMBIENT;

SoundMixer.audioPlaybackMode  =  AudioPlaybackMode.MEDIA;

SoundMixer.audioPlaybackMode  =  AudioPlaybackMode.VOICE;

Adobe needs to provide all the Audio Session available in iOS platform, eg. PlayAndRecord.

This is crucial for mic input Apps, we are working a lot with audio fingerprinting, please add this audio session.

I have submitted a bug report for this. https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3628271

Actual Result:

After a sound play through AS3, native mic will stop working as audio session seems to be conflicting each other

Expected Result:

Both mic and sound playing work perfectly

Any Workarounds:

Play via a native extension

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 12, 2013 Nov 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're facing the same problem. Have you been able to address it please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 20, 2014 Aug 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm facing the same problem, just wondering if you figured out a way around it or if the issue still exists with the current AIR releases?

Regards,

Michael    

air native extensions // https://airnativeextensions.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 23, 2014 Nov 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is still there, I just encountered it.

My current "workaround" was to start the native recording after I start playing my sound (I'm playing only one Sound so I can afford it). In that case it works just fine as well.

I've got a sound mixer class so all the sounds that are playing are really not Sound, just virtual sounds - and I'm using the sampleDataEvent method of playing the resulting Sound. So I have the guarantee no Sound will start playing in the middle of the recording.

As for the other cases, I'm thinking if it wouldn't be possible to create wrapper class for Sound, create a wrapper for play method(I'm doing that now for my sound mixer as well)...then you have a way to know when a sound is about to be played. Then you can notify the ANE that .play happened, and you have a chance to do something. Hopefully to resume the microphone recording. But not sure, if there would be any hearable pauses etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2015 May 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to be finding the same issue, (or maybe somewhat related) in AIR 17.

My app plays video and stops, then opens the Mic for voice recording, closes the Mic and then plays video again. For some reason, the audio from the video (or any sound whatsoever after that first recording) is never heard again. We've found out that if you lock -> unlock the device (or switch between apps), audio is back, until you open the mic again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2015 May 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please share a sample project to help us narrow down this problem.?

Regards

Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2015 May 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure thing.

Dropbox - ANEAudioTest

It has a small sample video and a Native Extension for voice recognition. Before recognising, it plays the video flawlessly. After recognising, the video plays without audio (and rather slowly). If instead of video we had sound only, it wouldn't be audible either.

If it's any help, the ANE sets up the audio session via

AVAudioSession *sessionInstance = [AVAudioSession sharedInstance];

and the Audio Unit as

OEContinuousAudioUnit *_audioDriver;

and closes the audio unit via

if(self.audioDriver.audioUnitState == kAudioUnitIsStarted) {

error = [self.audioDriver stopAudioUnit];

if(error) {

[self announceTeardownFailureForReason:[NSString stringWithFormat:@"Error: there was a problem stopping the audio unit: %@.", error]];

return error;

}

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2015 May 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The issue is reproducible at our end and I have logged an internal bug for the same. Our team is investigating this at our end. I will keep you informed.

Thanks

Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you solve the sound.play problem?Can you give me a hint?

We ' ve also encountered the same problem .

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The solution provided by Adobe worked:

So please try without [[AVAudioSession sharedInstance] setActive:NO error:nil]

Also: we had to go to an ANE because we couldn't implement all that we had in AS3 with the Microphone class, but maybe you could. For us that was, at some point, certainly an option. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2015 Oct 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

could you please share your ANE source code with me i need it to debug your sample project.

Thanks

Adobe Air Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm. I'm not sure. We'll try extracting a functional piece of the whole project so we can share it with you.

Do you think you can give us an estimate of when could this be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

in the project you shared the problem begins when the videoDisplay class starts interacting with your ANE.

it would be helpful to understand where the things start to go wrong.

thanks

Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While we extract a test project we can give you this piece of code: it gave us the same problems with video/audio playing when called from the ANE (but not with a iOS native application). It has two methods: one starts the audio session and the other one closes it:

#import "SONTestAudioSession.h"

#import "OEAudioUtilities.h"

#import "OELogging.h"

#import "OENotification.h"

static const NSInteger kMaxRetries = 3;

static const float retryInterval = 0.5;

@interface SONTestAudioSession()

{

NSInteger retries;

}

@end

@implementation SONTestAudioSession

- (void) start

{

NSLog(@"%s", __PRETTY_FUNCTION__);

retries = 0;

AVAudioSession *sessionInstance = [AVAudioSession sharedInstance];

NSError *error = nil;

[sessionInstance setCategory:AVAudioSessionCategoryPlayAndRecord withOptions:AVAudioSessionCategoryOptionMixWithOthers | AVAudioSessionCategoryOptionAllowBluetooth | AVAudioSessionCategoryOptionDefaultToSpeaker error:&error]; // We are just defaulting to mixing.

if(error.code != noErr) {

ReportError((OSStatus)error.code, @"Error: Could not activate the av session audio category.");

}

}

- (void) stop

{

NSLog(@"%s", __PRETTY_FUNCTION__);

NSError *error = nil;

[[AVAudioSession sharedInstance] setActive:NO error:&error];

if(error.code != noErr) {

NSLog(@"%s Failed to set inactive. Retry...", __PRETTY_FUNCTION__);

if (retries < kMaxRetries) {

dispatch_after(dispatch_time(DISPATCH_TIME_NOW, (int64_t)(retryInterval * NSEC_PER_SEC)), dispatch_get_main_queue(), ^{

retries++;

[self stop]; // call self again, until it reaches max retries

});

} else {

ReportError((OSStatus)error.code, @"Error: Could not set session inactive."); // failed to de-activate the audio session

}

} else {

NSLog(@"%s Session inactive", __PRETTY_FUNCTION__);

}

[[AVAudioSession sharedInstance] setMode:AVAudioSessionModeDefault error:&error];

}

@e

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2015 Nov 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are using [[AVAudioSession sharedInstance] setActive:NO error:nil]

this is causing an exception from AVAudioSession

"Deactivating an audio session that has running I/O. All I/O should be stopped or paused prior to deactivating the audio session."

this is resulting in all audio/video session being closed .

the problem gets solved if the you don't STOP the AVAudioSession.

So please try without [[AVAudioSession sharedInstance] setActive:NO error:nil]

Also AS3 provides Microphone class for recording you may also try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines