• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Splash Screen Filename For iPhone 12s?

Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got a report from an iPhone 12 Pro Max user that the game isn't showing properly on their device. I think it is displaying in a truncated mode, with black space at the top and bottom, similar to how it would look on any iPhone if you didn't include the proper splash screen images (like Default-414w-736h@3x~iphone.png and Default-375w-667h@2x~iphone.png) for those screen sizes.

Unfortunately I don't have an iPhone 12 Pro Max to test (or an iPhone 12, 12 Pro or 12 mini). I know the screen sizes for those, but without knowing what to name those files, I don't think they would work. Anyone know?

Note: This sounds like a trivial issue, but is actually very serious. Without this the ads don't display properly, which could lead to ads being disabled on all of my apps and other products. That could be catostrophic, so I need to figure this out and fix ASAP. Hoping to do so without dropping big money on 3 new iPhones I don't need.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you figure this out?  I need the same fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For any new apps or updates, Apple requires you to use a Launch Screen Storyboard now instead of Launch Images (I'm not even sure if Apple has specified launch image sizes/names for their newest devices, since the images aren't supported anymore).  Launch Screen Storyboards should avoid having this issue in the future, since it automatically sizes things correctly for any resolution and doesn't require those images to determine resolution support.  You do need Xcode to generate the Storyboard, which will put any graphics into your Assets.car along with your app icons, and create a separate directory with Storyboard information.

Here's a brief tutorial from the Starling wiki on creating a Storyboard, I'd recommend setting this up in the same Xcode project that generates your app icons, so all the assets are packaged into the same Assets.car:

https://wiki.starling-framework.org/manual/ios_launch_images#using_launchscreenstoryboard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines