• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Testflight guides / tutorials

Contributor ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone have any suggestions for guides or tutorials on getting testflight going, specifically for deploying betas. Ideally from an adobe air dev perspective as opposed to xcode development?

Thanks!

-cybo

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

There are beta entitlements that have to go into the app descriptor XML, otherwise TestFlight won't accept the IPA. In the iPhone section of the XML would be this:

<Entitlements> <![CDATA[<key>beta-reports-active</key><true/>]]></Entitlements>

and you would need to remove that when you publish the app for real.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't really understand that question, since Apple bought testflight I have never had any trouble of any sort using it with my AIR apps so what are you referring to specifically?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm reading one guide and you're right it does look pretty straight forward. I think I had looked at the apple guide before and it seemed heavily integrated into the xcode IDE, which I use fairly sparingly with air. Was just pinging out here to see if anyone had a good link other than apple's guide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah there's nothing to it, publish you ipa, upload it with Application Uploader (from Xcode) and after a few minutes it will be available in testflight for testing and that's really it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool thx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are beta entitlements that have to go into the app descriptor XML, otherwise TestFlight won't accept the IPA. In the iPhone section of the XML would be this:

<Entitlements> <![CDATA[<key>beta-reports-active</key><true/>]]></Entitlements>

and you would need to remove that when you publish the app for real.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did publish my apps without removing them so far as it gives you the option to do it from tesflight, maybe it s anew requirement? You defintely need to comment them out for local on device testing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin,

I have tried to add Entitlements in mz app.xml file like you suggested to enable app for test flight but I get this error when uploading app with Application Loader:

Invalid Code Signing Entitlements. The entitlements in your app bundle signature do not match the ones that are contained in the provisioning profile. The bundle contains a key that is not included in the provisioning profile: 'beta-reports-active' in 'Payload/Shapes In Motion.app/Shapes In Motion

I do not have any option to include keys in provisioning profile when generating provisioning profile on adobe developer site.

How to enable app for test flight.

I have used latest AIR 29.0.0.103 with Flash Builder 4.7

What is the process of enabling app for test flight?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have resolve the issue. I have built the app with add-hoc instead of final build. When I build with final build check and add Entitlements that Colin suggested I am finally able to add app to test flight for testing. Yaaaay  Thanks Coling

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone having trouble publishing an adobe animate app to testflight using air sdk 28 or 29? Just doesn't appear in available testflight builds but uploads ok and I can see it in the itunes activity page for the app. All works fine using sdk 26.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it does upload then it must appear somewhere, where is that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears in the 'activity' tab with the correct build number, but not under the 'testflight' tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird, to answer another part of your question I did publish 4 apps to testflight with AIR 28 recently without issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I have the exact same problem. I've been waiting for Apple engineers to get back to me for almost a month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines