• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to install a debug app (.ipa) for iOS due to get-task-allow entitlement mismatch

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to debug an iOS application built with AIR SDK 31.

We've had a enterprise certificate and a corresponding wildcard provisioning profile.

We used to be able to build ipa-debug-interpreter packages with those.

Then, we were told we could only install our apps onto a device if we built an ipa-ad-hoc package instead; however, you couldn't debug with that package.

We were told that to build a debuggable package, we had to use a development provisioning profile and a developer certificate.

So, I updated our development provisioning profile and rebuilt our app and packaged it as ipa-debug-interpreter.

Now, it fails to install. It says the entitlements are invalid.

Upon careful inspection, I see this:

codesign -d --entitlements :- "Payload/Math180.app" > Math180_entitlements.plist

PlistBuddy -c "Print :get-task-allow" Math180_entitlements.plist

false

codesign -d --entitlements :- "Payload/Math180.app" > Math180_entitlements.plist

PlistBuddy -c "Print :Entitlements:get-task-allow" Math180_mobileprovision.plist

true

Since they don't match - the error about invalid entitlements makes sense.

Can I override the iOS entitlements in my application configuration file, and/or is it simply a bug in the AIR SDK?

Also, my colleague says that he create a debug package (ipa-debug-interpreter) using the enterprise certificate and a wildcard provisioning profile.

In that build, both the entitlements and the embedded provisioning profile have get-task-allow as false.

Sincerely,

Chuck Doucette

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can set the get-task-allow property in your application.xml file. There should be an iPhone node inside the application.xml. Inside is the Entitlements node, and there you can define the get-task-allow property. Like so, uncomment or comment the appropriate line, whether you are in production or development mode:

<iPhone>

[...]

<Entitlements><![CDATA[

[...]

<key>aps-environment</key>

<!-- development: -->

<!--<string>development</string><key>get-task-allow</key><true/>-->

<!-- production: -->

<string>production</string>

]]></Entitlements>

</iPhone>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines