• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What causes applicationVerificationFailed error?

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2014 Mar 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to put a iPhone app onto my iOS7 iPhone 5. I've checked/regenerated the .p12 the .mobileprovisions, checked the UDIDs, checked the bundle IDs... nothing seems to be incorrect.

Has anyone had this problem and knows the solution?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue from time to time. If the app is already on the device, sometimes I have to delete it from the device manually first, before it works. It is pretty inconsistent, so unfortunately I don't have a perfect recipe to solve this.

If nothing works, try to install the app with iFunBox (look for it on Google). Use the free "Classic" version, the one not cluttered with ads and other useless stuff. If the app installs with iFunBox, at least you'll know it's not related to your certificates and devices IDs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The general case is that if there is a version of the app on the device already, and that version was made with a different certificate or provisioning profile, or has had its app id changed, you’ll get errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2014 Mar 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So how to fix this problem? I have manually deleted the previous version off the iphone and still can't install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the iFunBox to install the app and it gives me the same error # e8008015. What should I do now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be a common enough problem that they have a page about it:

http://blog.i-funbox.com/?p=1594

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read that one, but can't follow their suggestion because:

1. My iPhone is not jailbroken

2. My app is not on App store, this is an app I am building and I need to push it to my device so I can test it first before release it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iFunBox should work even if your device is not jailbroken, but only with certain types of builds. However, if you are building your ipa with the "store" target, it might not work if your device is not jailbroken.

Try to build your ipa with debug or adhoc target (adhoc may be the closest you can get from the store version), and install it with iFunBox. And be sure that inside your adhoc mobileprovision, the UDID of your device is included as a possible test device (you select this device when you generate the mobileprovision file on Apple's developer portal).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thing, are you using iOS 7.1? With that you need to put your files onto an HTTPS server, and the server has to have a good certificate. It can’t be a self assigned one.

Another option is to use the iPhone Configuration Utility. With that you can drag apps straight onto a connected device:

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1466?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I experienced the same error recently when launching the app on the device (iPhone). The only remarkable change I had made was to upgrade the SDK to 4.12+AIR4.0. The certificate and provisioning profile was the same that worked all this time, so I tried cleaning the workspace and rebuilding the project. After that, restarted Eclipse/Flash Builder (if I skip this step, the problem persists). I tried again and the weird error message dissapeared, launching the app on the device. If this is the same case, your certificates and profiles are ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines