• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When updating APK, Google Play tells the APK is not signed, but it is.

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2013 Apr 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

When uploading a new updated APK for my AIR app, Google Play tells the APK is not signed.

I signed the APK with the same p12 file I used for the first version (successfully published and approved on Google Play).

I'm using Flash Builder 4.6 with AIR SDK 3.7. The first version of app was packaged with Flash Builder 4.6 and AIR SDK 3.4.

Then I tried to generate a new .p12 key, but I get the same error message while uploading.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2013 Apr 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your issue report. However, we are not able to reproduce the issue yet. There is a bug which is already been logged at https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3541866 , kindly add your vote and any other information that you feel missing in the bug logged, this will help us to reproduce the issue.

And are you facing the same issue with fresh application also? Could you please try out a fresh HelloWorld application with new developer console? That would help us a lot, thank you.

-Nimit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Thank you. I replied to the bug and I confirm that using the old Google Play console I can upload my app.

Dr. Marco Marsala

Network Solution srl,Genova (Italy)

www.realizzazionesitigenova.it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it be possible for you to just try uploading a fresh HelloWorld apk and see if that also shows up the same error? That'll help us isolate the problem.

Thanks

-Pahup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. An empty APK shows the problem. I already tried.

Now I temporary solved by switching to old Google Play UI, which let me to upload my APK.

Dr. Marco Marsala

Network Solution srl, Genova (Italy)

http://www.realizzazionesitigenova.it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2013 Apr 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pre-Release/Beta AIR 3.7 still works so something must be wrong with the released AIR 3.7 SDK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 23, 2013 Apr 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an issue that might be related. I can upload my apks to Google Play, but some of my users complain they get a "Package file was not signed correctly" error while trying to update. I am unable to reproduce the error myself, seems that only part of the users is affected. This happened today after upgrading to Flex SDK 3.7.

Major f*** up, I get 1 star ratings by the hour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

poltergeist,

Does your issue look something like this - https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=22435

-Pahup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue as poltergeist with AIR 3.7. Some users had this problem, on normal, non-rooted devices. I reverted to AIR 3.6, and those users were able to update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 24, 2013 Apr 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Pahup,

yes the error is the same, but the reason obviously different. I was also finding lots of these topics and stuff related to jarsigner when googling for this error, all very misleading. It took me a whole day to finally find this thread only by chance in the forums.

I can confirm now from user feedback that switching back to 3.6 fixes the issue. It cost me 24h of a non working version on production and a very bad day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2013 Apr 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Please try out the latest build 3.7.0.1760, we've fixed the double icon (under xhdpi) issue, this should solve the installation and signing related issues, please let us know how it goes.

poltergeist,

Could you also please try 3.7.0.1760, this should solve the problem that users of your application are facing, please let us know how it goes.

Thanks for reporting the problem.

Thanks

-Pahup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 25, 2013 Apr 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update. Chances are high that this was the reason for me, all devices I had the issue reported on were S3s. Though I have to say I have my current version online and I am not going to release another one within the next weeks or so

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 04, 2013 May 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I agree with poltergeist_ and and thanks for the post mentioning that error message, even though this original topic was not related, so that I found this topic!

I updated my apps on Apr 16 using whatever the latest Air SDK that day (3.7.x I believe), and for some reason until now those updated apps works/install from Google play on all the existing android devices I had.

Yesterday I bought new Galaxy s4 and when I try to intall the updated apps, it is not installing on it saying "Package file was not signed correctly", so I spent bunch of time trying to figure out if this was because of this new Galaxy S4 phone. I'm glad that I found this topic and this post.

I'm gonna try it with new SDK build and will let you know the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2013 May 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Khundaga,

Any luck with the new SDK version?

I'm having the same problem exactly, and waiting to see your progress.

Thanks.

Hanan Gitliz, LiveTune.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I used the beta SDK 3.7.0.1820 from the labs and rebuilt the apps, and published to the google play, and now the new android phones are able to install the apps without that "Package file was not signed correctly" error message.

Someone should create seperate topic about this (related specifically about this error), or Adobe should make quick release of the SDK... everyone doing update or release with the existing SDK 3.7.0.1530 on adobe.com is having this problem.

If I was working at Adobe, I would fire someone right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, As long as it works, I'm happy .

Thanks a lot.

Hanan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 minutes…

--

Hanan Gitliz

VP R&D

http://JamStar.co

Livetune Ltd.

P.O Box 39158

Hi-Tech Village, Hebrew University - Givat Ram Campus

Jerusalem, 91391

ISRAEL

Mobile : +972542264633

Office : +97298854450

hanan@jamstar.co

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to see my thread helped someone.

Thank you.

Dr. Marco Marsala

Network Solution srl

www.realizzazionesitigenova.it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2013 May 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this exact same issue. Took me a bunch of googling to find this thread.

Going to write here the exact error message I get on Google Play so that way this will appear on Google results. HELP

Upload failed

You uploaded an APK with invalid or missing signing information for some of its files. You need to create a valid signed APK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2013 May 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which AIR SDK version you're using? The problem existed in 3.7.0.153 version of AIR SDK, we're pushing an update to 3.7 on adobe.com soon.

You could also use AIR SDK 3.8 available on http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashruntimes/air/

Thanks

-Pahup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines