• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

when will gpu mode for desktop

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there any idea when gpu for desktop will be enabled?  This is needed for making apps for steam, etc.  And I dont want to use starling when animate performs great in gpu mode on a 6 year old ipad 2, thanks!!

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Flash Platform * GPU

in short

Note: In order to leverage GPU acceleration of Flash content with AIR for mobile platforms, Adobe recommends that you use renderMode="direct" (that is, Stage3D) rather than renderMode="gpu". Adobe officially supports and recommends the following Stage3D based frameworks: Starling (2D) and Away3D (3D). For more details on Stage3D and Starling/Away3D

and you

alpomannnnnna  wrote

I dont want to use starling

so good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i had read somewhere it was on adobes roadmap to add gpu mode for desktop in the future- it just seems to be an easy thing for adobe to add, and would help many who dont want to toil with starling/away3d ( although I've used both )  Away3d has no support anymore, so thats a big problem for anyone wanting to use 3d with animate.  And I like laying out my animation in frames and movieclips and change them on the fly - using starling really really slows down workflow for my style, but thanks for your answer, I'd still love to see  gpu for desktop without the dependencies of other software for simple 2d animation with speed.:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alpomannnnnna  wrote

it just seems to be an easy thing for adobe to add

it is not

at the end of the day, you have the option to do so yourself if you do the actual work with a library like starling

you also have alternative, you don't absolutely need GPU render mode on desktop because desktop compared to mobile

have much more resources (more CPU, more RAM), or you could use an HTMLLoader on AIR desktop and load a SWF

and use StageQuality.LOW for that SWF.

In any case, to do what you want will require work.

Or you can wait till you got that magic button "accelerate everything for me without me having to do any work for that".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In my opinion it seems very odd that Flash is much better optimised on mobile than it is on desktop.
It could be an amazing game development tool if vector graphics were hardware accelerated and there was no need for a framework like Starling, which slows down development. Flash's ease-of-use was always its main selling point in my opinion, and it would really stand out from the competition if it kept doing what it was good at.

It's a shame. I totally sympathise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines