• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When will you support AppleTV apps?

Contributor ,
Sep 10, 2015 Sep 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to know where and when AIR will support the new Apple TV apps (assuming anything needs to be done on the AIR side of things, presumably iOS9 support!)

thanks

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 18, 2015 Sep 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really hope adobe is quick to support this. This is a huge opportunity. I would love to make apps for the TV.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 21, 2015 Sep 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2015 Nov 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

Just saw the new AIR SDK 20 BETA adds a beta support for AndroidTV. I believe that's a pretty solid sign that they want to target TVs as well. Hopefully we get tvOS support also in the coming months!

Ico

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 09, 2015 Nov 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ico, Sorry but that means nothing. Android is open-source and likely has few standards and restrictions in place. In other words, an easy target to support. There used to be a "tv" option already that in the latest Flash Pro isn't there anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2015 Nov 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until we get support, you could still develop your app for OSX or iOS and mirror this on to the screen of the Apple TV couldn't you?

Then when support happens simply update your controller support ( although the controller on the Apple site works already with everything - so would you need to ? )

It'll be awesome when this happens ( come on Adobe - I'm holding my breath and I'm going blue )

gingerman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 19, 2015 Nov 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Off course, all iOS apps can be mirrored to the Apple TV screen, but until we get any confirmation about AppleTV support it's impossible for us to do any investment in developing AppleTV apps using AIR.

AppleTV has recently received a lot of great reviews, latest being the Verge calling it the best set-top box you can buy (The best set-top box you can buy | The Verge) so it's a pretty safe bet that this platform is here to stay and a BIG opportunity since the market is not as saturated as phones or tablets. Hopefully the Adobe team has understood this and already working on the support (fingers crossed)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 10, 2015 Dec 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to wrap this up: It looks like the sales on the Apple TV are disappointing for developers: http://gamasutra.com/view/news/261313/Report_Devs_let_down_by_poor_sales_on_the_Apple_TV_App_Store.p...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No news on this?

Have been waiting and waiting forever now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have missed the invite a few weeks ago to try out an Apple TV version of AIR. Or you haven't read the AIR 24 release notes. It does now build to Apple TV, and even has several new features for reading the Siri remote control in useful ways.

Look through the release notes to see all the very detailed information on Apple TV:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/labs/flashruntimes/shared/air24_flashplayer24_releasenotes.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I certainly missed that, very cool!

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Release notes (for AIR 24) say Beta only. Is this correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines