• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do my graphics appear pixelated on ios?

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2015 Feb 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm new to mobile development. I recently published 2 games to android and to ios. I tested them on the galaxy s4 and the note 4, the quality looks amazing. Once I tested them on the iPhone 5, 6, and 6+ the graphics looked pixelated. The quality was nowhere near the same. In the publish settings, I set the resolution to high.That improved it a little but the quality still isn't as clear as android. I've searched high and low on google and found nothing useful. I'm completely stomped.Can someone please help me with this issue?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 21, 2015 Feb 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I observe better 2D visuals with "stage.quality=StageQuality.HIGH" - but performance takes a major hit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 23, 2015 Feb 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Stage quality is mostly a setting for antialiasing text and vectors, and selecting the smoothing algorithm for scaling bitmaps. It doesn't magically make things look better.

StageQuality - Adobe ActionScript® 3 (AS3 ) API Reference

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines